website statistics
  • Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features and follow all sports events with us here on Totallympics!

Canada National Thread | Road to Tokyo 2020

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is my medal predictions, 3 points = almost certain to medal, 2= some to good chances, 1= low outside chance. If event is not listed, I do not think they will medal.    Archery (1 point)

Tennis update   Looks like we will have 4 men in the singles competition! Raonic, Shapovalov, Auger-Aliassime and Pospisil; Two in the women's singles: Andreescu and Fernandez D

And there was other Pan American boats in the race that they could have given it too as well. Bizarre they just gave it to non Pan American countries.   Here is a link (in French) https://ic

Posted Images

Tennis update

Looks like we will have 4 men in the singles competition! Raonic, Shapovalov, Auger-Aliassime and Pospisil;

Two in the women's singles: Andreescu and Fernandez

Doubles Men: Shapovalov/Pospisl will likely team up. Not sure if Auger-Aliassime/Raonic will team up, but that is the only way they can play doubles

Doubles Women: Dabrowski/Fernandez I think is a lock. After my post yesterday, I read that singles rankings can be used to determine entrants into doubles. 

Mixed: Dabrowski and Auger-Aliassime? Their ranking has to be combined highest 16 that have entered to play. 

So overall 7 tennis athletes for Canada. Hoping Raonic/Andreescu actually go.

16 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Tennis update

Looks like we will have 4 men in the singles competition! Raonic, Shapovalov, Auger-Aliassime and Pospisil;

Two in the women's singles: Andreescu and Fernandez

Doubles Men: Shapovalov/Pospisl will likely team up. Not sure if Auger-Aliassime/Raonic will team up, but that is the only way they can play doubles

Doubles Women: Dabrowski/Fernandez I think is a lock. After my post yesterday, I read that singles rankings can be used to determine entrants into doubles. 

Mixed: Dabrowski and Auger-Aliassime? Their ranking has to be combined highest 16 that have entered to play. 

So overall 7 tennis athletes for Canada. Hoping Raonic/Andreescu actually go.

I feel like Andreescu will likely go unless she has some injury, no clue about Raonic. I really hope Canada can win a tennis medal this time round, its a strong team.

2 minutes ago, james89 said:

I feel like Andreescu will likely go unless she has some injury, no clue about Raonic. I really hope Canada can win a tennis medal this time round, its a strong team.

Fernandez/Dabrowski played well at the French Open and almost beat the 2nd seeds. If the men's doubles pair does well I can see them winning a medal. And finally, if Andreescu plays well like she did in 2019, she should medal (but that looks highly doubtful right now).

5 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Fernandez/Dabrowski played well at the French Open and almost beat the 2nd seeds. If the men's doubles pair does well I can see them winning a medal. And finally, if Andreescu plays well like she did in 2019, she should medal (but that looks highly doubtful right now).

Plus the Canadian athletes excel on hard court over grass/clay.  They are certainly possibilities. It's certainly bizarre that our last tennis medal was the Gold in 2000.

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

I actually feel like Dabrowski and whoever in mixed doubles is the best chance for a medal.