website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

hello guys and girls

do you know if canada volleyball federation announces the roster of the team for world olympic qualification?

and do you have any source for this?

Edited by amiry2j

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the virtual medal table got updated and it knocked Canada down further to 15 medals. I can't remember which ones got dropped. I may be a tad optimistic here but I think that is on the low end. I think we may see more success in Swimming and Athletics than we have in the past, whether or not that leads to more medals though remains to be determined.

I also think its highly unlikely that Canada takes gold in the women's Team Pursuit, which we are predicted to.

29 minutes ago, james89 said:

So the virtual medal table got updated and it knocked Canada down further to 15 medals. I can't remember which ones got dropped. I may be a tad optimistic here but I think that is on the low end. I think we may see more success in Swimming and Athletics than we have in the past, whether or not that leads to more medals though remains to be determined.

I also think its highly unlikely that Canada takes gold in the women's Team Pursuit, which we are predicted to.

I don't look at Gracenote's virtual table. Its full of errors lol. 

Anything above 18 medals will be a success for Canada.

On 6/11/2016 at 21:23, james89 said:

I think 15 is the bare minimum we should expect, with 20 the upper end.  But if things work out well in some events and for some athletes, the record of 22 could be broken.  The issue for Canada is that we don't have any real favourites for gold, except maybe trampoline just due to Rosie's 2012 gold.  It just seems like for each star athlete we have there is always another one who is a bit better (Ryan Cochrane in the 1500m free is the best example of this over the last decade).  Again, if things work out well we could see quite a few golds.  If things don't work out we could easily be shut out of the top of the podium.  But hey, at least Brooke Henderson is peaking at the right time so maybe she can pull something off in golf.  

I'm just happy that we seem to have a strong athletics team this year in various events (including both the decathlon and heptathlon) so finally all of that will be extra fun to watch.  I also feel like we have a lot of teams going this year (fingers still crossed for the m's basketball and rugby teams).  Anyone know how that stacks up to other years?  

• 4 weeks later...