website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

il y a 3 minutes, orangeman a déclaré:

Well, our guys will go for bronze tomorrow.  Some very 'interesting' calls on the court unfortunately.  I'm getting pretty sick of Canada being the nice guys always screwed over by the officials because they can.  Oh well.  

Also, our lady cyclists looked really discombobulated today.  

What does that mean?

Just now, Canada4thewin said:

What does that mean?

There were three close calls on crucial points, all went to Spain.  There were no replays so I'm not sure if they were the wrong calls, but one of them was obviously wrong and it was right in front of the ump.  Nestor really wasn't happy.  

Juste maintenant , orangeman a déclaré:

There were three close calls on crucial points, all went to Spain.  There were no replays so I'm not sure if they were the wrong calls, but one of them was obviously wrong and it was right in front of the ump.  Nestor really wasn't happy.  

I can't blame him.  Well as Canadians We are used to It unfortunately.:(

Looking at the schedule for tomorrow, it could be a big day for Canada.  Medal chances in the race walk, 200m backstroke, trampoline, rowing (2x) and the bronze medal match in tennis.  Not to mention quarters in soccer and beach volleyball for both our teams, the first half of the heptathlon and 3m diving prelims.  And of course lots more.  Big day.  Hope this gold inspires all of them.  

9 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Both female beach volleyball teams drew each other in the first round :facepalm:

That's fine. Broder-Valjas wouldn't have moved on past the quarters anyways. Plus this guarantees a Canadian team in the medal round.