website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

Well, great performance from MacLeannan. What a legendary career. Unfortunate that these will be the first Olympics where Canada doesn't win a trampoline medal, I think it's clear that Gymnastics Canada has to develop some new talent.

I'm disappointed because its another 4th place for Canada - but I'm incredibly proud of Rosie for being such a trooper through her recent injury. She's been a great ambassador for Canada. Canada has had a string of good luck in this event and I'm sad that its come to an end....for now.

4 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Well, great performance from MacLeannan. What a legendary career. Unfortunate that these will be the first Olympics where Canada doesn't win a trampoline medal, I think it's clear that Gymnastics Canada has to develop some new talent.

I don't know what it's like on the women's side but the sheer persistence of Gymnastics Canada to try to get Chartier to the Olympics makes me think they have confidence in him being a leader on the men's side. 

1 minute ago, Surlympics said:

The fourth places that we have gotten have been incredible performances really

So far we have had 10! fourth (or fifth in combat) sport finishes.

Rose + Caeli Mckay less than point away from bronze in their events after suffering a badly sprained ankle. Couldn't ask for more.

4 NR's in swimming (100m free, 400m free, 4x200 relay and 4x100 m relay men). They did their best and really no room for improvement at the time.

Caroline Veyre gave it her all and won some points, she wasn't expected to beat her Italian opponent anyways. 

Shady El Nahas fought hard in the bronze medal match against 2 time defending WC Fonseca of Portugal

Kai Langerfeld and Conlin McCabe had a great pairs race, and werent' expected to medal, so their medal was remarkable.

The only one that is hard to take is Arthur Margelidon's performance. He made a small mistake costing him the medal

Yea, I would have liked more medals, but the end of the day these are ALL remarkable performances, which we should ultimately be happy with