website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

Canada unfortunately now has it's first final result of the games - Barrett and Duenas finished 17th in the mixed team archery event, just two points away from qualifying for the Ro16.

Duenas had an decent ranking round that will leave him the 16th seed. Barrett qualified for the Olympics and that's great.

14 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Canada unfortunately now has it's first final result of the games - Barrett and Duenas finished 17th in the mixed team archery event, just two points away from qualifying for the Ro16.

Duenas had an decent ranking round that will leave him the 16th seed. Barrett qualified for the Olympics and that's great.

This seems oddly typical for the Canadian team to finish one spot out of the elimination round ?

Best of luck to Duenas and Barrett In the individual events, Duenas seems to often do better in the ranking than the elimination round at the Olympics so maybe this will go better this time. 

3 minutes ago, ofan said:

https://www.si.com/olympics/2021/07/23/medal-predictions-swimming-tokyo-games-dressel-ledecky-titmus

So Sports Illustrated has Canada winning 7 medals in swimming - seems a bit high?

It’s on the high side for predictions but not impossible. I would be shocked if we got the mixed medley medal that’s predicted. I would also be surprised if Canada won 7 medals and Pickrem didn’t win any. 

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

And it doesn't include the 4x200 women. 8 medals would be a dream

Canada did win 8 medals at the 2019 World Championships including 2 that were not included in the Sports Illustrated predictions (plus 1 from 2017).

SwimSwam is currently predicting 5 medals for Canada although they have yet to predict the 100m fly or 200m breast. https://swimswam.com/tokyo-2020-olympic-games-official-swimswam-preview-index/

I'm trying to temper my expectations but there's lots of potential.

The relays should be fascinating, there's lots of talent there but not sure where everyone is at. Which Taylor Ruck is going to show up? I've been mulling over the 4x100m lineup so much. 

20 minutes ago, james89 said:

Canada did win 8 medals at the 2019 World Championships including 2 that were not included in the Sports Illustrated predictions (plus 1 from 2017).

SwimSwam is currently predicting 5 medals for Canada although they have yet to predict the 100m fly or 200m breast. https://swimswam.com/tokyo-2020-olympic-games-official-swimswam-preview-index/

I'm trying to temper my expectations but there's lots of potential.

The relays should be fascinating, there's lots of talent there but not sure where everyone is at. Which Taylor Ruck is going to show up? I've been mulling over the 4x100m lineup so much. 

I think they need to put Taylor in the prelims to gauge that