website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

17 minutes ago, Surlympics said:

Thanks :) . It honestly seems fishy to me lol. They are ranked number one in the world yet they don't get the spot. Seems like an excuse to not give them a spot because they are so dominant. How do you know canoe/kayak Canada is working hard to get them the quota?

Welcome!

It's certainly a bizarre scenario all around. LVL has been posting on social media that she is simply playing the waiting game now.

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

Where would the quota come from? You can't just find one lol, unless someone declines, which seems unlikely.

My best guess is they are waiting to see what the total number of athletes for Canoe/Kayak and see if there's any extra room for an extenuating circumstance - but that seems unlikely....

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who found this situation bizarre. I'm glad I found this site it's cool. Everyone else I talk to doesn't get it. Never realized that there were so many Olympic fans out there like me. Let's just pray Canada can get the spot! LVL deserves it after what she's been through. Makes no logical sense why Japan get's it. Now she's playing the waiting game just like Bujold. :CAN

24 minutes ago, james89 said:

My best guess is they are waiting to see what the total number of athletes for Canoe/Kayak and see if there's any extra room for an extenuating circumstance - but that seems unlikely....

But Japan shouldn't have got the spot in the first place. It shouldn't be an extenuating circumstance.

11 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Camryn ROGERS just threw a PB of 74.97 in the hammer. Less than a meter from the NR

And she’s very young in a sport where people normally peak older. That throw would have gotten a medal at the last World Championships and Olympics. 

Tennis update

Looks like we will have 4 men in the singles competition! Raonic, Shapovalov, Auger-Aliassime and Pospisil;

Two in the women's singles: Andreescu and Fernandez

Doubles Men: Shapovalov/Pospisl will likely team up. Not sure if Auger-Aliassime/Raonic will team up, but that is the only way they can play doubles

Doubles Women: Dabrowski/Fernandez I think is a lock. After my post yesterday, I read that singles rankings can be used to determine entrants into doubles. 

Mixed: Dabrowski and Auger-Aliassime? Their ranking has to be combined highest 16 that have entered to play. 

So overall 7 tennis athletes for Canada. Hoping Raonic/Andreescu actually go.