website statistics

Karate EKF Cadet, Junior & Under 21 European Championships 2019

phelps

Age classes info @ page #21 of the Official Bulletin:

http://www.danskkarateforbund.dk/xdoc/319/bulletin_ekf_cju21_aalborg_nr1_08102018_vf__5).pdf

Full Schedule of the Event @ pages 22-24 of the Official Bulletin:

http://www.danskkarateforbund.dk/xdoc/319/bulletin_ekf_cju21_aalborg_nr1_08102018_vf__5).pdf

Live Streaming

there will be 6 Tatami, all of them will be streamed Live, but in Pay-per-View (@ 10€)...

fortunately, at least Tatami #4 will be streamed also for Free...

Here:

https://www.zibrasport.dk/events/ekf-junior-cadet-and-u21-karate-championship-2019-553/?fbclid=IwAR0BvU0CvUz2JX_OJTIy8uggpBR1KcCmbsRj0oFVkwBoCUKQevKaYt5fgpI

Edited by phelps

Asking €10 for live streams of a European junior championships in a minor sport, now that's some serious megalomania they've got there.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

Asking €10 for live streams of a European junior championships in a minor sport, now that's some serious megalomania they've got there.

Agree at 101%...:facepalm:

but I think it's up to that Danish website rather than to the EKF (it shouldn't be an official streaming from the European federation, but a local thing only)...

not that it changes anything, but still...

Edited by phelps

20 minutes ago, phelps said:

Agree at 101%...:facepalm:

but I think it's up to that Danish website rather than to the EKF (it shouldn't be an official streaming from the European federation, but a local thing only)...

not that it changes anything, but still...

How to make sure people don't get interested in your sport, lesson 1.1 :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 ore fa, De_Gambassi ha scritto:

I guess they must believe that only the most hardcore of the hardcore would like to follow such a minor event. So why not ask them a bit of a mony. It won't change much the audience anyway.

imho, that's the best way to lose also those very few super-hardcore fans...

personally, I might be one of those, but money doesn't grow up in the trees of my garden...so, I won't give them a cent in any case...

good that at least 1 tatami (maybe even 2, if the karateworld.tv stream covers a different one than the Danish portal) is still free to watch...

Europe’s future stars to clash for continental crown in Denmark

Over 1000 young karatekas from 51 European countries are gathering this weekend in Aalborg (Denmark) to clash for the underage continental crown.

The 2019 EKF Cadet, Junior & U21 Championships will be held in Aalborg from February 8 to 10.

The event will be available to a worldwide viewing audience LIVE and FREE on karateworld.tv. 

Karate fans have the opportunity to watch the future heroes of European Karate in action at the anticipated underage continental championships.

With 1092 young athletes from 51 countries registered to participate, the event continues the increasing popularity of Karate competitions all over the world.

The previous underage European continental championships which were held last year in Sochi (Russia) registered 989 participants from 45 nations. 

The 2019 EKF Cadet, Junior & U21 Championships will also be the stage where the powerhouses of the sport evaluate the authority of their grass-root programmes.

Last year in Sochi Italy topped the medal table with a tally of 15 medals including five golds.

Giuseppe Panagia in U21 Male Kata, Christian Ferrara in Junior Male Kumite +76kg and Mirko Barreca in Junior Male Kata were among the top karatekas taking Italy to the top of the podium. 

Host of Russia with 14 medals, and Spain with seven medals also registered impressive performances in Sochi.

Kristina Kozerenko in Junior Female Kumite -48kg and Daria Khodova in Junior Female Kumite -53kg were the leaders of the Russian success at home while Lidia Rodriguez Encabo in U21 Female Kata and Nadia Gomez Morales in U21 Female Kumite -50kg were among the top competitors of the Spanish delegation. 

The competition in Aalborg starts on Friday, February 8 at 09:00 (local time) with the Kata categories.

The tournament will be streamed LIVE and FREE on karateworld.tv.

Go to karateworld.tv to catch all the action from Aalborg. 

4 minuti fa, phelps ha scritto:

imho, that's the best way to lose also those very few super-hardcore fans...

personally, I might be one of those, but money doesn't grow up in the trees of my garden...so, I won't give them a cent in any case...

good that at least 1 tatami (maybe even 2, if the karateworld.tv stream covers a different one than the Danish portal) is still free to watch...

just talked too early...both the Danish portal and karateworld.tv cover the same Tatami (no.3), which probably isn't even the main one...:facepalm:

Edited by phelps