website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2019

8 minutes ago, Function CR Lee said:

blob.png绿叶对根的情意 blob.png

The song: Green leaves affecting the roots

This song was created in 1986. In December of the same year, Mao A'min participated in the 4th Yugoslav Belgrade International Pop Festival Song Competition with the song, and won three awards for singing, audience and composition. The theme of the melody of the work is full of affectionate and very colloquial. It depicts the deep love of a wanderer who is about to leave his hometown. The lyrics use the metaphor of green leaves and roots to express the continual cut between himself and his hometown. Flesh-and-blood contact. "The affection of the green leaves against the roots" is breathtaking and touching, and is one of the most successful works of the composer in the practice of pop music creation in the 1980s.

The singer: Mao A'min

Mao A'min (Chinese: 毛阿敏; pinyin: Máo Āmǐn born 1962) is a Chinese singer known by the "honorific title" of Dajieda ("Big Sister"), "was one of China's most famous and senior female pop stars" by "the mid-1990s." In 2001, she was one of 36 Chinese athletes and entertainers who were depicted on a series of postage stamps issued "in support of Beijing's bid for hosting the 2008 Olympic Games."

While Nimrod Baranovitch writes that Mao became famous because of her "powerful and uninhibited" voice, All China Women's Federation contends that she "became famous after winning third place in the Yugoslavian International Musical Eisteddfod with Green Leaf and the Root. It was the highest honor a Chinese pop singer had ever been given in an international competition. But Mao became even more well known by singing in the Spring Festival Gala." Moreover, her performance in 1988 for the Chinese New Year TV Celebration "made both song and singer extremely popular in Mainland China." By the late 1980s, Mao "earned two thousand yuan for a single performance as China's biggest pop star..." The New Straits Times described her as "China's most popular singer," who "retains a nationalistic flavour in her songs," and "China's top pop singer for the past four years" before 1990.

lyrics:
Don't ask me where to go
My heart is following you
Don't ask me where to go
My love is holding you
I am your green leaf
My roots are in your land
Say goodbye to you in the spring breeze
Today, this side will be there tomorrow.
Don't ask me where to go
Don't ask me where to go
My love is holding you
No matter where I parked in the cloud
My eyes always cast to you
If I sing in the wind
That song is also for you.
Oh, don't ask me where to go.
My path is full of memories
You also bless me.
I also wish you
This is the affection of the green leaves on the roots.
Don't ask me where to go
Don't ask me where to go
My love is holding you
No matter where I parked in the cloud
My eyes always cast to you
If I sing in the wind
That song is also for you.
Oh, don't ask me where to go.
My path is full of memories
You also bless me.
I also wish you
Don't ask me, don't ask me where to go
I am your green leaf
My roots are in your land

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

:(

This one?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Not to cause probelems, but I believe China’s song is ineligible to participate.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

And there it is, the Dutch entry :)

:NED WITHIN TEMPTATION - MAD WORLD :NED 

Reveal hidden contents

What an announcement :d 

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

And there it is, the Dutch entry :)

Reveal hidden contents

Clever, very clever :d