website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2019

Well, that´s really unfortunate. But my voting time is exactly during the period I´ll not be sadly able to be online. This Saturday I have a important meeting between 16:00 and 19:30, so exactly the session including my votes..very sad, this will be the first TISC I´ll not be able to post my own votes, and I missed only one contest (the very first one) in all history :(

3 hours ago, hckosice said:

Well, that´s really unfortunate. But my voting time is exactly during the period I´ll not be sadly able to be online. This Saturday I have a important meeting between 16:00 and 19:30, so exactly the session including my votes..very sad, this will be the first TISC I´ll not be able to post my own votes, and I missed only one contest (the very first one) in all history :(

I don’t know if a reschedule or trading of slots is possible, but I would be fine with that as long as @dezbee2008 is too.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

TISC Team Challenge Guidelines

• The TISC Team Challenge consists of 10 teams: 9 teams of 4 members each and 1 team of 2 members which includes the host. Each team is based in a different region of the host country and named after an native ethnic group that inhabits said region.

• The competition will be held in a relay format of 4 legs, that mirrors each of the voting sessions of the Grand Final, e.g. Leg 1 will involve the votes of the juries positioned 1-10 in the voting order; leg 2 will include those juries positioned 11-19; leg 3 spans the votes of juries located 20-29 in the time shedule; and finally, leg 4 will comprise the votes of the juries situated 30-38 in the order.

• There will be one scoring member for each team in each leg. Only the score of the team member taking part in that specific leg will count towards the team competition. In the case of the the 2 member team, each nation will score in two succesive legs.

• To determine the order in which team members will race each leg, participating countries were distributed in two halves, onceagain respecting the voting order. Then for each team, the nation in the first half will exchange its position with the nation in the second half that "mirrors" its position, like the table below shows.

Team 1st Leg 2nd Leg 3rd Leg 4th Leg
 Huichol  :CRO Croatia  :NZL New Zealand  :SLO Slovenia  :ROU Romania
 Tarahumara  :BUL Bulgaria  :POR Portugal  :TUN Tunisia  :RUS Russia
 Tapatio :MEX Mexico :INA Indonesia
 Huastec  :FIN Finland  :VEN Venezuela  :CHI Chile  :SVK Slovakia
 Otomi  :GBR Great Britain  :BRA Brazil  :ESP Spain  :NED Netherlands
 Purepecha  :LTU Lithuania  :DEN Denmark  :NOR Norway  :FRA France
 Totonac  :ITA Italy  :COL Colombia  :SRB Serbia  :GER Germany
 Maya  :USA United States  :EGY Egypt  :CHN P.R. of China  :ARG Argentina
 Mixtec  :ALG Algeria  :IRL Ireland  :POL Poland  :GRE Greece
 Yaqui  :TUR Turkey  :AUS Australia  :IND India  :MLT Malta

• At the end of each leg, the scoring team members will be ranked in descending order based on the number of points they received during that specific leg. Thus, the team that has accumulated the most points in that leg will be ranked first and receive a score of 1 point for that leg, with the 10th team in the rank receiving a score of 10 points.

• In the case where two or more teams members are tied after the leg is complete, the same tie-break rules that apply to the main contest will be carried out}; e.g. the team member that received points from the greatest number of different juries in that leg; then, the team member that received the highest score (12 points) from most juries, followed by the second highest score (11 points) from most juries  and so on. If the tie remains after all the previous criteria have been used, the teams will be deemed to have tied for the same position and received the same points that leg.

• After all relay legs are completed, the team with the lowest team score will be deemed the winner, the format is similar to that used in Olympic-class sailing competitions. In the event that 2 or more teams are tied for position at the end of the contest, the 3 highest scoring legs for each member will be considered only in order to break the tie. If there is still a tie, the 2 highest scoring legs for each member will be considered only. If after that the tie remains, then the teams will be deemed to have tied for the same position and no further tie-breaks will apply.

15 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I don’t know if a reschedule or trading of slots is possible, but I would be fine with that as long as @dezbee2008 is too.

Trading places, is not possible as it will affect the format of the Team Challenge. If neither you or @dezbee2008, or any other user for that matter, can´t vote in that timeslot, then I'll post the templates.