website statistics

Men's Handball EHF European Championship 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Out of curiosity, what is the worst ever result of a host country ?  just to see if the record is beatable :d

Portugal who was host nation of first European Championships in 1994 finished last :d 

Just heard that one preliminary group will be in Košice (and :SVK will play all its 3 matches there :woot:, just like during the last Ice Hockey World Champs), well, it changes completely the situation. I think it would be quite a shame not to take advantage of this unique opportunity and not attend at least one match. So let watch some Handball live for the first time.

obviously will also depend on the tickets prizes. Have no idea how much they will cost but everything over 20 EUR for a handball match is a no, thank you.

53 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Just heard that one preliminary group will be in Košice (and :SVK will play all its 3 matches there :woot:, just like during the last Ice Hockey World Champs), well, it changes completely the situation. I think it would be quite a shame not to take advantage of this unique opportunity and not attend at least one match. So let watch some Handball live for the first time.

obviously will also depend on the tickets prizes. Have no idea how much they will cost but everything over 20 EUR for a handball match is a no, thank you.

Too bad it will be in January. Last time I went to an ECh it was the Waterpolo in January 2020 in Budapest.
Did not go to the finals or the semifinals (I think it was sold out completely), but the matches I went to were fun, except to close-to-0 or subzero temperature outside... (in non Olympic years the waterpolo ECh is generally in summer when its much more fun particularly in an open air venue)
In the end, I ended up attending more matches I originally wanted to (even a completely lopsided group match of HU women where they ended up winning 23-3 or something like that), little I knew back then that this is going to be the last live sport event I attend for a long long time....

1 minute ago, dharang said:

Too bad it will be in January. Last time I went to an ECh it was the Waterpolo in January 2020 in Budapest.
Did not go to the finals or the semifinals (I think it was sold out completely), but the matches I went to were fun, except to close-to-0 or subzero temperature outside... (in non Olympic years the waterpolo ECh is generally in summer when its much more fun particularly in an open air venue)
In the end, I ended up attending more matches I originally wanted to (even a completely lopsided group match of HU women where they ended up winning 23-3 or something like that), little I know back then that this is going to be the last live sport event I attend for a long long time....

Yeah, last live sport i attended was the Ice Hockey World Champs in 2019. exactly 2 years now. this is crazy how time flies..

Well, I want definitely give it a try, never watched a handball match live, and certainly I will never have that chance again, I mean come on, my NT is playing the Euro in my home city, some 2km from my home :lol: Even if I am realistic and there no way we will win anything, it would be great to watch live some world stars of this sport and enjy the whole atmosphere. The 2 weeks Ice Hockey WCh 2019 was just awesome.

Will follow the Thursday draw to see who will play in Košice and then just hope the covid will be gone by then to have again some great sport atmosphere in the city and pick a game or two

Group A (Debrecen): :SLO  :DEN  :MKD  :MNE 

Group B (Budapest): :POR  :HUN  :ISL  :NED 

Group C (Szeged): :CRO  :SRB  :FRA  :UKR 

Group D (Bratislava): :GER  :AUT  :BLR  :POL 

Group E (Bratislava): :ESP  :SWE  :CZE  :BIH 

Group F (Kosice): :NOR  :RUS  :SVK  :LTU 

• 8 months later...
On 5/7/2021 at 12:56 PM, hckošice said:

so :NOR:RUS & :LTU in Košice.

If spectators will be allowed, I will try to book tickets for our match against :NOR and I will try also to attend :NOR vs :RUS match which should be a good one.

and it is possible :clap:

the government has just granted an exemption to the tournament. :)Spectators are allowed up to 25% capacity of arenas. They however must be vaccinated twice or healed from the virus for at least 180 days + obviously everybody must wear mask.

will try to book a ticket