website statistics

Southeast Asian Games 2019

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

As I said before, media framing worked really well in these Games. They keep focusing the bad side in Manila as if the other host cities doesn't exist.

Venues in Clark are nice and overall running smoothly, halal food kitchen is ready, etc. But no one cares. Why? Because it won't appeal to readers...

There are serious problems though. I think the games will be fine in the end, but there was series oversight in places.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

In fairness the organizers, they tried to fix the situation immediately and apologized to all the teams. I think :PHI has attempted more than they realistically should have for these games. It’s been a logistical nightmare. However, every venue I’ve seen has been done up nicely for the games, and is functioning at full ability. In the end, I think the organizers will get away with bad planning, but they’ll need to clean up their act if they want to host again. 

The Philippines shouldn't have a problem hosting the Games again. The selection of the host is rotated among the 11 participating NOCs so the Philippines will play host again in 14-16 years time

1 hour ago, PHI2019 said:

The Philippines shouldn't have a problem hosting the Games again. The selection of the host is rotated among the 11 participating NOCs so the Philippines will play host again in 14-16 years time

Right, what I’m saying is they need to be smarter. They were much too over ambitious and made some shady decisions in the planning of the games. That model isn’t sustainable.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Cricket should have been held. Most of these SEA nations are doing well in the sport. Thailand are qualified for WC. Malaysia can qualify for U19 Women's World Cup in 2021 along with Thailand depending on how ICC does qualifications. Even Philippines finished 2nd in Men's EAP qualifier with PNG winning and qualifying for global qualifiers ,later qualifying for WC 2020 T20.

21 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Cricket should have been held. Most of these SEA nations are doing well in the sport. Thailand are qualified for WC. Malaysia can qualify for U19 Women's World Cup in 2021 along with Thailand depending on how ICC does qualifications. Even Philippines finished 2nd in Men's EAP qualifier with PNG winning and qualifying for global qualifiers ,later qualifying for WC 2020 T20.

Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand pushed for cricket's inclusion but got turned down. Maybe the Philippine Olympic Committee just didn't think it worthwhile to include the sport

2 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I'm tired watching floorball .I don't want netball and football either. Hoping for a better sport. 

It’s a few more days before anything else gets underway. We can find some phone shoot live-streams of waterpolo on Facebook (Philippines Waterpolo), besides that we pretty much have to wait until the 29-30th

1 hour ago, PHI2019 said:

Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand pushed for cricket's inclusion but got turned down. Maybe the Philippine Olympic Committee just didn't think it worthwhile to include the sport

But Underwater Hockey is clearly very popular in the region, and very cheap to host :p