website statistics

Southeast Asian Games 2019

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah :thumbup:, I’ve been looking for live-streams all day. Hopefully they broadcast the whole tournament. If you come across any other streams throughout the games please post them. It’s makes saving replays much easier :d

This account below is worth to patrol since the admin seems to be a Filipino, might be easier to find such streams

https://twitter.com/sea_sports_news

36 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Now I have known that we have 2 new events for chess: online (like wtf) and ASEAN Chess

ASEAN Chess is like when you play Chinese chess with Western pieces and board

image.png

So the Chinese have counterfeited our goods so well this time they even got it into the SEA Games. Consider my impresses. Online chess is legit by the way. Most of the worlds best players play online nowadays.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

37 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Now I have known that we have 2 new events for chess: online (like wtf) and ASEAN Chess

ASEAN Chess is like when you play Chinese chess with Western pieces and board

image.png

Also, I think @Grassmarket would find this interesting.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

So the Chinese have counterfeited our goods so well this time they even got it into the SEA Games. Consider my impresses. Online chess is legit by the way. Most of the worlds best players play online nowadays.

I've been told that it is actually modified form of Thai and Cambodian chess. I thought it is Chinese-influenced because the bishop is replaced with 'Elephant'.

But no one beats Myanmar in 2013 which proudly add Burmese chess to the program lol

Media here is criticizing the Phillipines for being a bad host. 

https://m.timesofindia.com/sports/more-sports/others/sleeping-on-the-floor-se-asian-games-off-to-horror-show-start-for-football-players/amp_articleshow/72243318.cms

No food and drinking water! Huh seriously? 

Just now, Fly_like_a_don said:

Media here is criticizing the Phillipines for being a bad host. 

https://m.timesofindia.com/sports/more-sports/others/sleeping-on-the-floor-se-asian-games-off-to-horror-show-start-for-football-players/amp_articleshow/72243318.cms

No food and drinking water! Huh seriously? 

In fairness the organizers, they tried to fix the situation immediately and apologized to all the teams. I think :PHI has attempted more than they realistically should have for these games. It’s been a logistical nightmare. However, every venue I’ve seen has been done up nicely for the games, and is functioning at full ability. In the end, I think the organizers will get away with bad planning, but they’ll need to clean up their act if they want to host again. 

As I said before, media framing worked really well in these Games. They keep focusing the bad side in Manila as if the other host cities doesn't exist.

Venues in Clark are nice and overall running smoothly, halal food kitchen is ready, etc. But no one cares. Why? Because it won't appeal to readers...