website statistics

Southeast Asian Games 2019

Totallympics

16 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I think having too many sports is always too difficult to handle. I'm OK with up-to 30 or even say 40 maximum no more. 

Yeah I think 40 maybe a few over (if they’re easy to hold sports, with little facilities needed). Plus, there’s just no need for anything over 40-45. At that there’s just too much, and there’s no way to watch everything, let alone broadcast it all.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@Griff88 @PHI2019 @Fly_like_a_don I’d look at the GMA News YouTube channel (and website) every once in a while. According to the website, they plan to stream various sports throughout the games. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

20 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Griff88 @PHI2019 @Fly_like_a_don I’d look at the GMA News YouTube channel (and website) every once in a while. According to the website, they plan to stream various sports throughout the games. 

The Games are being broadcast on all our major TV channels. For maximum exposure I guess

Just started watching the ladies short program, and the the level is both very good and very bad. This is the first time I’ve ever seen a skater get a 7 pt score for technical elements.

1 minute ago, PHI2019 said:

The Games are being broadcast on all our major TV channels. For maximum exposure I guess

I thought I read that, but GMA is the only who’s been offering the streaming internationally so far (at least on YouTube (the best video platform)). Do you know of any other channels besides 5, ABS-CBN, and GMA offering live coverage and replays? The official YouTube is supposed to start offering live-streams starting with the opening ceremony tonight I believe.

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I thought I read that, but GMA is the only who’s been offering the streaming internationally so far (at least on YouTube (the best video platform)). Do you know of any other channels besides 5, ABS-CBN, and GMA offering live coverage and replays? The official YouTube is supposed to start offering live-streams starting with the opening ceremony tonight I believe.

I watched the live swimming competitions at the last two Southeast Asian Games on a Singapore Youtube channel. Don't know if it will still be available this year

Damn! Some actual figure skating took place during the short program. Both :SGP and :PHI have a skater that’s near the ability required to have a shot at Olympic qualification. Filipino skater with an absolutely memorable program. Only 2.98 separates 1st and 2nd, so it’s all to play for in the free program. Hoping the men produce similar quality when I get around to watching them in a bit.