website statistics

Southeast Asian Games 2019

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I'd prefer Uzbekistan or Thailand but not Qatar. 

Uzbekistan could definitely get the job done, not sure about Thailand. They definitely could if they choose the organizing committee well. Malaysia and Singapore the SEA countries I’d most prefer as hosts.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The television broadcast Intro for these games sucks. I’ve never seen something less creative. Not a huge fan of ESPN5 being responsible for the coverage. I mean they’re showing only 11 sports out 56 on the program. The last two games showed at least 20.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I love the 2015 and 2017 intros. They’re some of my all-time favorites actually. Even the 2005 Intro is better than the one this year.

Tickets for the majority of the 56 sports at the 2019 Southeast Asian Games will now be free for the public. The exception is in the sports of basketball, football and volleyball when the Philippine team is playing. People who have bought tickets earlier to the other 53 sports will not be reimbursed.

Upon Duterte’s orders, SEA Games tickets now free to the public

You have to feel sorry for the people who bought tickets early. They got screwed.

Edited by PHI2019
Change in wording

42 minutes ago, PHI2019 said:

People who have bought tickets earlier to the other 53 sports will not be reimbursed.

Upon Duterte’s orders, SEA Games tickets now free to the public

You have to feel sorry for the people who bought tickets early. They got screwed.

Isn't that just making people angrier? :mumble:

1 hour ago, Griff88 said:

Isn't that just making people angrier? :mumble:

I don't think they sold a lot of tickets. So there aren't going to be a lot of angry people. But you have to feel for the fans who made an effort to buy tickets. They were told to consider the money they paid as a "contribution"

Edited by PHI2019