website statistics

Southeast Asian Games 2019

Totallympics

• 5 months later...

After a very long time, Philippines will finally have a new stadium to host the 2019 SEA Games. Capacity is only 20,000 which is really small compared to that of our neighbors but at least our government finally built a decent one.

67327972_1407413202745690_744852916602404864_n.jpg

1 hour ago, opruh said:

Also, our Aquatics Center which is still under construction. 

EeZmxgK.jpg

You mean the underwater hockey rink  :evil:

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@opruh will you attend the games? I’ve always enjoyed watching the SEA Games. Unfortunately, this year they fall during my first semester university finals. 52 sports! I’d love to watch, so hopefully I can work my magic and find some replays.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

57 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@opruh will you attend the games? I’ve always enjoyed watching the SEA Games. Unfortunately, this year they fall during my first semester university finals. 52 sports! I’d love to watch, so hopefully I can work my magic and find some replays.

Not much details about tickets yet but I'm looking to getting the ones for gymnastics and tennis for now, venues for both is about twenty to thirty minutes drive from my home. Tickets will probably be cheap except for basketball and volleyball.

22 minutes ago, opruh said:

Not much details about tickets yet but I'm looking to getting the ones for gymnastics and tennis for now, venues for both is about twenty to thirty minutes drive from my home. Tickets will probably be cheap except for basketball and volleyball.

Based on what I’ve seen (as in sports I’ve attended) Weightlifting is a must do in person (though I had a seat right next to the head of the IWF at the 2017 World Championships, so I may be biased), Track Cycling is also a must see (it looks great on TV, but nothing compares to seeing it in person), the modern pentathlon is cool because you can see so much, but viewing experiences can be mixed, Athletics is meh (At sat right across from the pole vault at the US champs and that was an awesome experience), Equestrian was fun for someone who’d never had the chance to see it in person before, Fencing is really hard to watch in person, Rugby Sevens will always be entertaining (Even If Singapore dominates the tournament), Sailing is cool if you can get close (you could watch of a pier at the 2017 Special Olympic World Games the boats came right in front), I get the opinion Speaktakraw would be cool, Skateboarding would be fun, and I have absolutely zero clue about underwater hockey (but I would 100% have a ticket to it)

20 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Based on what I’ve seen (as in sports I’ve attended) Weightlifting is a must do in person (though I had a seat right next to the head of the IWF at the 2017 World Championships, so I may be biased), Track Cycling is also a must see (it looks great on TV, but nothing compares to seeing it in person), the modern pentathlon is cool because you can see so much, but viewing experiences can be mixed, Athletics is meh (At sat right across from the pole vault at the US champs and that was an awesome experience), Equestrian was fun for someone who’d never had the chance to see it in person before, Fencing is really hard to watch in person, Rugby Sevens will always be entertaining (Even If Singapore dominates the tournament), Sailing is cool if you can get close (you could watch of a pier at the 2017 Special Olympic World Games the boats came right in front), I get the opinion Speaktakraw would be cool, Skateboarding would be fun, and I have absolutely zero clue about underwater hockey (but I would 100% have a ticket to it)

Weightlifting and taekwondo will be hosted in the same venue, i kinda like weightlifting plus we have an olympic medallist from weightlifting so it looks like i will have to watch that too live. :d I'm not interested in taekwondo though lol. What do you think about ice hockey games, i really enjoy watching highlights of those, not sure how it will be live. 

22 minutes ago, opruh said:

Weightlifting and taekwondo will be hosted in the same venue, i kinda like weightlifting plus we have an olympic medallist from weightlifting so it looks like i will have to watch that too live. :d I'm not interested in taekwondo though lol. What do you think about ice hockey games, i really enjoy watching highlights of those, not sure how it will be live. 

I’m sure that it would be fun. I’ve never been to one personally, but I know people love to go to them. I’d totally recommend short track if it’s on the program too.