website statistics

African Games 2019

Totallympics

Women’s rowing will see 5 to 6 entries an event. Looks like the sport may be growing on the continental level.

Mens rowing will 8 to 9 entries per event. However there’s 10 or 11 nations competing, which is awesome. :TOG likes it’s boating events is what I’m learning.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Snooker will see a grand total of 3 (three!) countries compete. I mean I expected low turnout, but damn. The mixed doubles gold medal match will be between :EGY and :MAR should they choose to hold the event (I’m pretty positive they will).

The women’s event features 4 athletes, 2 from :EGY and 2 from :MAR.

The men’s event features 5 athletes, 2 from :EGY, 2 from :MAR, and 1 from :SUD (:clap:)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

In Table Tennis there will be 82 players in men’s singles, 59 in women’s singles, 18 pairs in men’s doubles, 14 pairs in women’s doubles, 14 teams in men’s team, and 12 teams in women’s team.

Great turnout, should be a fun tournament to follow.

Just watched the ceremony... And I can't stop myself from talking about the Prince who disrupted the ceremony coverage (coming in the end of the parade hoping to come in just before Morocco, but the guys outside shaking his hands more times than usual - and finally the camera abruptly switched back to the stadium :p).

Then someone at the VIP box clapped thinking the African Union anthem has finished, before the prince caught in the middle of sitting to his chair when the announcement to keep standing for the Olympic Anthem :lol:

The drone is cool but I don't think a famous guy playing jetski is worth projecting. Even Turkmenistan doesn't go that far in opening

There is no international broadcast available for the games :wall:. SNRT will be the only broadcaster. Broadcasts can only be seen on the TNT version of their sports network.

Here is the schedule of live games for tomorrow (times are local times):

12:00 Women’s Handball (Algeria v. Cameroon)

14:00 Handball (Morocco v. Burkina Faso)

17:00 Men’s Football (Morocco v. Burkina Faso)

24:00 Highlights

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

There is no international broadcast available for the games :wall:. SNRT will be the only broadcaster. Broadcasts can only be seen on the TNT version of their sports network.

Here is the schedule of live games for tomorrow (times are local times):

12:00 Women’s Handball (Algeria v. Cameroon)

14:00 Handball (Morocco v. Burkina Faso)

17:00 Men’s Football (Morocco v. Burkina Faso)

24:00 Highlights

for those who can reach the sat position at 21.5 degrees East, in that spot there's a sat feed (in HD) available (formally encrypted, but with well known keys of a broken system)...

in the past days it was up for Morocco's football matches and the Opening Ceremony, which means (I suppose) that it's a backup for the Moroccan TNT broadcasts only...

let's see what happens in the next few days...:mumble:

42 minutes ago, sportlover1993 said:

I didn't like the ceremony, yes the drone was nice but it was more about licking the king's ass..this is a continental games not a local stuff..also the stadium was half empty 

Honestly, are you really surprised by that in any way? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!