website statistics

Totallympics Suggestions and Problems Thread

Gianlu33

On 09/11/2020 at 10:55, Sindo said:

Ok, I sent the instructions to @hckosice, @OlympicIRL and @phelps with instructions of what to do in case "some idiot steps into his car after drinking alcohol and hits you on the street" :pope:

Case in point: on the biggest Dutch forum, someone who had been a well-known moderator (different than being the owner/admin of course, but that's besides the point) for 17 years hadn't posted for a few weeks (which is a rarity) and in the past weekend it was found out he had passed away, only 49 years old.

Things can happen suddenly, and after the initial shock people would want to know if and how a site is going to continue.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else notice something funky going on with the 2024 Sports Program thread...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Is there some way to not see the Latest News part, or is that something a user can't change? Nothing at all against it, but I notice now there's also luge results being posted there, so now I can add Totallympics to the list of websites I should leave until I'm all caught up with all the sports (which is no problem with regular threads, there you can just decide to not open the thread of the event you want to know nothing about yet - besides the rare idiot who posts spoilers for event A in the thread for event B :p).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

50 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Is there some way to not see the Latest News part, or is that something a user can't change? Nothing at all against it, but I notice now there's also luge results being posted there, so now I can add Totallympics to the list of websites I should leave until I'm all caught up with all the sports (which is no problem with regular threads, there you can just decide to not open the thread of the event you want to know nothing about yet - besides the rare idiot who posts spoilers for event A in the thread for event B :p).

This is unfortunately not possible.

EDIT: maybe it is, I have tried to hide the block just for you. Can you check if it disappeared ? And if you can still the news from here: https://totallympics.com/news/

1 hour ago, Sindo said:

This is unfortunately not possible.

EDIT: maybe it is, I have tried to hide the block just for you. Can you check if it disappeared ? And if you can still the news from here: https://totallympics.com/news/

You are my hero, awesome :d 

And thanks, I knew the link to the news page and will definitely keep having an eye on that (I like that there's not a lot of mainstream news there, but more things you don't really see anywhere else). Like I said, it's really nothing against it, my single reason is the thing of avoiding spoilers :p 

Is there a way to get rid of those headlines in the news ticker which give away the results of events?  Like many people, it can take me up to a week to catch up with everything that goes on, so it’s a nuisance to see headlines giving them away.  (Quite happy with general sports news, of course)

32 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Is there a way to get rid of those headlines in the news ticker which give away the results of events?  Like many people, it can take me up to a week to catch up with everything that goes on, so it’s a nuisance to see headlines giving them away.  (Quite happy with general sports news, of course)

I have added you to the list of "no spoilers" :p I think now you are not seeing the block (if you are logged in with your account).

I do apologize for the inconvenience those articles seem to have created. How does everyone else feel about them? 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela