website statistics

Totallympics Suggestions and Problems Thread

Gianlu33

4 minutes ago, rybak said:

I send screenshot via PM

Probably is because "Changing this option will not affect content you are already following".

So you can go here https://totallympics.com/followed/ and change the notification settings for threads you are already following :yes

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dolby said:

Nancy Pelosi GIF by GIPHY News

Stop telling me what to do, ghug.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...

@Sindo

Recently I was thinking and wondering whether there is any kind of safeguard to continue Totallympics in case for whatever reason you can't do it anymore? I mean, imagine some idiot steps into his car after drinking alcohol and hits you on the street. Obviously the chance of such a thing happening isn't that high, but is there any sort of backup plan in place, like someone else to step in and assume the role of admin, run the forum or at the very least make sure it stays hosted and such?

I know of course this probably won't be an issue anytime soon (or at least I hope so), but I thought it'd be good to ask if there is any sort of Plan B in an emergency situation, or if Totallympics would then suddenly just disappear forever?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

@Sindo

Recently I was thinking and wondering whether there is any kind of safeguard to continue Totallympics in case for whatever reason you can't do it anymore? I mean, imagine some idiot steps into his car after drinking alcohol and hits you on the street. Obviously the chance of such a thing happening isn't that high, but is there any sort of backup plan in place, like someone else to step in and assume the role of admin, run the forum or at the very least make sure it stays hosted and such?

I know of course this probably won't be an issue anytime soon (or at least I hope so), but I thought it'd be good to ask if there is any sort of Plan B in an emergency situation, or if Totallympics would then suddenly just disappear forever?

This is a good point, and no right now there is not.

If someone wants to be a candidate to save Totallympics in case I die, I get kidnapped or I won the lottery and run to Bahamas, please contact me :d

1 hour ago, Sindo said:

This is a good point, and no right now there is not.

If someone wants to be a candidate to save Totallympics in case I die, I get kidnapped or I won the lottery and run to Bahamas, please contact me :d

Running to the Bahamas without notifying anyone here would be a major dick move :d 

Personally I'd try and make sure there is at least one person besides yourself (preferably someone who already has an admin/moderator role here or something) who can for example access things needed to make sure the hosting is taken care of. I've seen it before on another forum: the guy in charge suddenly disappeared, nobody had a clue how to access the necessary things to keep the forum running and so quickly, the forum was dead and buried and nobody could even try to stop it. That would just be a huge shame..