website statistics

Totallympics Suggestions and Problems Thread

Gianlu33

Something changed, so I feel it's my duty to complain :p 

What's with whoever is in charge of the forum software always changing the looks every few months instead of deciding with something and sticking with it? And how do I change it back to something that is at least similar to what I still saw yesterday or the day before? For example notifications are barely noticeable now, the colors just make them sort of fade away into the overall view instead of standing out as notifications should do, and the whole thing looks...compressed or something.

tenor.gif?itemid=5141460

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What's with whoever is in charge of the forum software always changing the looks every few months instead of deciding with something and sticking with it?

They make some changes per year, some are smaller and some (like this one) are bigger. Then from time to time I also make some little changes to the general theme. People will complain anyway, but I think it is important to keep up with the times :p For example more and more people use the website from their phone and it is important to improve the user experience from a phone/tablet, something few years ago I didn't even care about.

48 minutes ago, Sindo said:

They make some changes per year, some are smaller and some (like this one) are bigger. Then from time to time I also make some little changes to the general theme. People will complain anyway, but I think it is important to keep up with the times :p For example more and more people use the website from their phone and it is important to improve the user experience from a phone/tablet, something few years ago I didn't even care about.

I will say this current update is a nightmare for phone users. I think that will be fixed as tweak the design, but it’s confusing as hell to navigate the forum right now.

It wasn’t nearly as bad on my tablet. My only complaint would be page layout. Some things take way to much space or have to much prominence, while others take too little space and are barely noticeable.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

With my laptop browser still having been on the 'old' new layout (the one that was still active yesterday), I now noticed at least one major difference: only a relatively small portion of the width is still used. Instead of most of the width being used, now there's a large empty (and thus useless) margin left and right...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently whenever posting in a thread, I automatically 'follow' that thread, resulting in notifications for every single post in said thread. I know there is a 'Follow topic' button under the post field that's for some reason turned on by default (it never was, or at least I never automatically followed a thread). Is there a setting somewhere to turn this off? It's rather annoying when commenting in 5 different threads and then at the end of the day having 50 notifications because other people of course posted there too :p 

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Apparently whenever posting in a thread, I automatically 'follow' that thread, resulting in notifications for every single post in said thread. I know there is a 'Follow topic' button under the post field that's for some reason turned on by default (it never was, or at least I never automatically followed a thread). Is there a setting somewhere to turn this off? It's rather annoying when commenting in 5 different threads and then at the end of the day having 50 notifications because other people of course posted there too :p 

Yes: https://totallympics.com/notifications/options/

Followed Content-then untick Automatically follow content I reply to

Once again @Sindo saves the day :cheer: 

What's going on this time with the server(s)? :p 

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

Did you also get the error message that I should not enter because someone is impersonating Totallympics and trying to steal my information? :d

Yep :d