website statistics

Snowboarding FIS World Championships 2019

Totallympics

Dierdorff truly used the home advantage, i am not sure whether he is really the best athlete at the moment. Congrats to Italy, amazing day for them, also congrats to Austria, they always find a win to win a medal. Samkova with the expected gold, but in my opinion women's snowboard cross should be removed from the olympics, the same is true for women's ski cross, in many occasions they can't even find enough athletes to have a qualifying round. Kind of funny that GB won a medal thanks to Bankes, but France will go home empty-handed, despite having by far the best depth of all nations. The german guys messed up tremendously as usual, no matter how good a shape or material they have, they just don't have the mental strength to go all the way. Another very depressing winter sport for Germany this season.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

and somehow the home Nation always finds the way of getting unexpected medals...

very good final run by Dierdorff, who took advantage from the really slow start and the consequential struggle to comeback in touch by "oldie" Perathoner, who was dominat through the previous rounds but probably felt too much pressure in the final act...

Samkova instead didn't suffer from anything like that and dominated the day from start to finish...

good, actually, very good team result for the Italian girls (3 in the top 6), but still somehow disappointing because of Moioli "only" getting the Bronze medal and especially because of her very passive attitude in the final run (she didn't even try to get anything more than the 3rd place)...

in general, good but not great day for us, as also in the men's division we saw Visinting failing big time once again...the guy definitely can't handle the big events...he's just a good world cup racer and nothing more than that...

fortunately Perathoner saved the day for our boys, but he also left the feeling of an incomplete effort, after being so dominant in the qualifications run and in the previous rounds of the actual competition...

p.s. despite the women's field being not that deep, long life to snowboardcross...by far the most exciting (and upset-prone) event in the whole snowboard & freestyle program...

I would just like to point out the Dierdorff has shown speed for a while, and is definitely deserving of a medal. Also, shoutout to my favorite Andorran athlete, who once again could not escape the second. I thought the course build was great for exciting racing too.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

52 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Dumbest event I’ve ever seen

Maybe, but I’m always down for more snowboardcross. Would be happy to still have the men’s and women’s team event on top of the mixed team event tbh.

Altough they need to get the technical problems straightened out, two of the eight runs required a re-run which is just not acceptable.

Edited by NearPup

4 minutes ago, Nate River said:

Maybe, but I’m always down for more snowboardcross. Would be happy to still have the men’s and women’s team event on top of the mixed team event tbh.

Altough they need to get the technical problems straightened out, two of the eight runs required a re-run which is just not acceptable.

I would prefer to see a ski-snowboard cross relay (two skiers, two snowboarders), and only one team per nation. (8 teams go to the Olympics, just like short Track relays)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Nate River said:

Me too, but that would mean a quota increase which won't happen

in a few minutes, it's time for the PGS competitions...

Italy had many hopes on this event, but we already lost our leader Fischnaller (and our best newcomer of the year, Bagozza) in the qualification runs...

and those who did qualify for the final brackets (March & Coratti among the men and Ochner among the girls), welll...lat's say that they didn't do it "in style"...

it will take a miracle for us to come home with a medal, tonight...:(:facepalm: