website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@hckosice I hope that :ECU just hasn’t confirmed their quota yet, and that they haven’t rejected it already.

No idea, but as I know them they rarely reject quotas, on the contrary they are always excited about every quota they get for any multi sport games, so I guess they will accept this one as well

Update on Nordic Combined quotas.

NOCs with 2 male and 2 female quotas:

:AUT :CZE :EST* :FIN :FRA :GER :ITA :JPN :NOR :RUS :SLO :SUI* :USA

* = athlete(s) not yet eligible to fill quota

NOCs with 2 male and 1 female quota confirmed:

:POL*

* = athlete(s) not yet eligible

NOCs with 2 male quotas:

:UKR*

* = athlete(s) not yet eligible

NOCs with 1 male quota confirmed:

:KAZ

NOCs with 1 female quota confirmed:

:GBR :LAT

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

@heywoodu Brazil ended up earning 4 Cross Country Skiing quotas. Very cool to see them so well represented.

This is final? I'm still really surprised about the two girls quotas...I mean, they've got some teenage girls working hard, but generally they were far behind and only one has been getting significantly closer..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

This is final? I'm still really surprised about the two girls quotas...I mean, they've got some teenage girls working hard, but generally they were far behind and only one has been getting significantly closer..

As far as I can tell (and I’m 95% confident), those quotas are for sure Brazil’s

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

As far as I can tell (and I’m 95% confident), those quotas are for sure Brazil’s

Cool, the girls had some useful races in Argentina last month then because they were sure it was looking like only one of them would go. So I can say with 95% certainty that means Manex Silva (Spanish-based), Rhaick Bonfim, Taynara da Silva and Eduarda Ribera will be going to Lausanne :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

hace 3 horas, heywoodu dijo:

Cool, the girls had some useful races in Argentina last month then because they were sure it was looking like only one of them would go. So I can say with 95% certainty that means Manex Silva (Spanish-based), Rhaick Bonfim, Taynara da Silva and Eduarda Ribera will be going to Lausanne :cheer: 

"Manex" sounded basque so I had to look it up and confirmed it.

Now I have to root for this boy too!

48 minutes ago, Jur said:

I’m assuming your Basque then? :p. I always thought of that as such an interesting place.

8 hours ago, Jur said:

Well he destroyed the Brazil-trained competition lately and is the clear number one in Brazil at the moment (although one might wonder if he'll get as much support, since he's Spanish-based), so who knows, if his plans are not somehow thwarted he'd at the very least deserve a shot at the 2022 Olympics. Question is if he will get it :p 

The torch is the same design as the one used at Buenos Aires 2018, Napoli 2019, Lima 2019, etc. I’m getting really tired of this basic af torch design. I’m not even going to bother with finding a photo of it. 

Torch relay will begin on the 17th.

On 06/09/2019 at 23:12, Olympian1010 said:

The torch is the same design as the one used at Buenos Aires 2018, Napoli 2019, Lima 2019, etc. I’m getting really tired of this basic af torch design. I’m not even going to bother with finding a photo of it. 

Torch relay will begin on the 17th.

Here.. To annoy you :lol:

But seriously someone should increase the pay for Vatti Corp before asking for a torch...

flamme-384x385.png