website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

58 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

You’ve never heard it during Equestrian either? Or Gymnastics?

I watch a bit of equestrian once in four years and if the jumping is shown on Dutch TV that's with Dutch commentary, if it's only on a stream it's with no commentary. I've also never had the need to watch gymnastics with English commentary. 

There really isn't that much I need to watch with English commentary, luckily.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dcro said:

I wonder if coaches were allowed to cement weak players on the bench (like those from Turkmenistan and Luxembourg). :p

No.

The rules are clear, every player had to play. In fact every player had the same ice time.

3 periodes of 16 minutes each. 3 lines of 3 players + 2 alternating guys (every match 2 different players), the first line play the whole match meanwhile the other two lines add the alternates for every second shift to replace always another player.

For every game the first line has to be different, in match 2 the 2nd line became the 1st line etc...

each shift is on the ice for exactly for 1 minute and have to be changed by the next line (48 shifts in total)

Each team had 2 Goaltenders, they were changed every 8 minutes, so even the goalies had the same ice time.

25 minutes ago, dcro said:

Never heard of it. Maybe you are confusing straddle with stride?

No, a stride is a bit faster than a gait, but slower than a run.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Battle of words on the topic of equestrian involving an American teenager and an ancient Croatian who's been following equestrian since the eohippus was still walking the Earth. 

popcorn.gif

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Battle of words on the topic of equestrian involving an American teenager and an ancient Croatian who's been following equestrian since the eohippus was still walking the Earth. 

popcorn.gif

Then you must be jurassic. :hairpull:

Also, teenager?

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Also, teenager?

Adolescent, someone in puberty, I don't know.

Also: please refrain from using the term Jurassic when it's not about an interesting theme park or about @phelps :banana: 

Edited by heywoodu

Anyone else noticed how every few skiers someone is 'a powerful athlete who can make up time in the bottom!' who then goes on to follow the trend of his run and not make up time in the bottom?

48 minutes ago, dcro said:

Also, teenager?

Yes, still technically a teenager. I’ll be 20 in October this year. Also, not the youngest user or American on here.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, heywoodu said:

Anyone else noticed how every few skiers someone is 'a powerful athlete who can make up time in the bottom!' who then goes on to follow the trend of his run and not make up time in the bottom?

Drove me insane the last few days! That and “It will be close”, wins by 0.60 ?