website statistics

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

18 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Doing text live coverage with the internet breaking all the evening - I was getting really nervous, but somehow managed to do it.

My favorite part: HRH Princess Ingrid Alexandra walking in the steps of her father as the Olympic Torch lighter.

My least favorite part: Marit Bjoergen's appearance

What’s funny is that I almost tagged you when referring to the princess in my post :p. You’re an easy man to please. I there’s some Poles and a royal at a sports event, @Vojthas will be there :p. We’ll need those live skills for Lausanne coverage ;)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

22 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

If countries like Pakistan can qualify but not India, it's not the Games that needs to improve. It's India.

Winter Olympics lack anything to be called a proper multi sport event . Nothing is done to improve it either so a Pakistani qualifying and Indian not qualifying doesn't change my view about the games.  Last time Paksitan didn't but that's not the point these games are a thrash so I can miss this multi sport event and won't even feel like I missed bcoz Jan 9 -26 is reserved for Euro handball and I don't want to waste it on such useless events. 

32 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Winter Olympics lack anything to be called a proper multi sport event . Nothing is done to improve it either so a Pakistani qualifying and Indian not qualifying doesn't change my view about the games.  Last time Paksitan didn't but that's not the point these games are a thrash so I can miss this multi sport event and won't even feel like I missed bcoz Jan 9 -26 is reserved for Euro handball and I don't want to waste it on such useless events. 

So what games do Indians consider important? Not YOGs, not Commonwealth, not SAG, which ones? This all seems a bit ridiculous to me. Winter sports are just legitimate as summer sports, and the Winter Olympics are equal the Summer Olympics. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

47 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Ok bye :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Euro handball is also a useless event, Italians wanted to participate but they have been told that they didn't qualify, that's a disgrace for the competition! I can play handball and I have the right to be in! #BoycottEuroHandball

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

So what games do Indians consider important? Not YOGs, not Commonwealth, not SAG, which ones? This all seems a bit ridiculous to me. Winter sports are just legitimate as summer sports, and the Winter Olympics are equal the Summer Olympics. 

World Games 2021 in Birmingham :pirrespective of India qualifying 20 athletes or 0 athlete ,enjoyed it last time. I also am with all para multi sports because I feel they deserve the same rewards as able bodied. So even that Winter deafylampics is a thumbs up from me. 

Nothing against Winter Olympics but winter YOG was the problem bcoz I feel that was the right stage to turn government heads towards winter sports as youth is important. 

3 hours ago, Dunadan said:

Euro handball is also a useless event, Italians wanted to participate but they have been told that they didn't qualify, that's a disgrace for the competition! I can play handball and I have the right to be in! #BoycottEuroHandball

Since it's a senior event with Olympic qualification spots it's all OK. Italy need to do better hard work. More over it's a team sport. So everything is done fairly . If it was a European Youth games with multiple events and Italy didn't get an athlete (which is not possible)  then surely need for a tripartite arises. 

Edited by Fly_like_a_don

26 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Since it's a senior event with Olympic qualification spots it's all OK. Italy need to do better hard work. More over it's a team sport. So everything is done fairly . If it was a European Youth games with multiple events and Italy didn't get an athlete (which is not possible)  then surely need for a tripartite arises. 

You are damn right, what does the IOC expect, that the Indian NOC or federation contact an IF or an European one to help them training a couple kids so that they can reach the very low standard? No! They should be allowed to send a total newbie, imagine all the new gifs that could be made of the kid who falls on his ass every two metres! I'm tired of seeing Adrian Solano.

5 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

World Games 2021 in Birmingham :pirrespective of India qualifying 20 athletes or 0 athlete ,enjoyed it last time. I also am with all para multi sports because I feel they deserve the same rewards as able bodied. So even that Winter deafylampics is a thumbs up from me. 

Nothing against Winter Olympics but winter YOG was the problem bcoz I feel that was the right stage to turn government heads towards winter sports as youth is important. 

I’m glad you’re looking forward to Birmingham 2021. I plan on being there, so hopefully I can get some good pictures, interviews, etc. Totally agree on the para sports thing.

I think Lausanne2020 will be a great YOG. It really sucks that there’s no Indian representatives, but that’s just the failure of the IOA. I still think it’s a bit early for India to give winter sports an honest look. I think that within the next 10/20 years, they will be in a place where they can afford to find skiing (and maybe Short Track/Figure Skating).