website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

8 hours ago, intoronto said:

Yea... I think these games should only be for sports/disciplines not on the main Asian Games.program.

However having badminton is more profitable for the hosts as the nation loves the sport and would also have better viewership than the smaller sports. So having a major sport or 2 which can increase local interest is just fine imo.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

So... Doha 2030 / Riyadh 2034 or Riyadh 2030 / Doha 2034?

I think by next year we will already know the host of Asian Games 2050 :lol:

Good for Riyadh. We would watch lots of female sports first ever host in Saudi Arabia. Good for Saudi's female sports and athletes.

4 hours ago, Griff88 said:

After a chaotic voting, it is now official:

DOHA 2030

RIYADH 2034

Another little scandal that came about thanks to the vote:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

It’s crazy to think about how it’s been a year since Lausanne2020 today. What a different time it was.

So unless I have missed something, the 2020 Summer Olympic Games are now the next scheduled multi-sports games.