website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Sport climbing will be added to Santiago 2023, bodybuilding :facepalm:is likely too.

The other dropped sports would need to provide $$ to build venues. Highly doubtful we will see them sadly.

Alejandra Contras told me there was work going on behind the scenes to get sport climbing added when I interviewed her at the Pan American Championships. She should have a shot at a medal, so I’m happy for her. I also love sport climbing, so I’m happy for me too.

Also, fuck bodybuilding over bowling, squash, and racquetball :mad:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

27 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Alejandra Contras told me there was work going on behind the scenes to get sport climbing added when I interviewed her at the Pan American Championships. She should have a shot at a medal, so I’m happy for her. I also love sport climbing, so I’m happy for me too.

It’s only there because of the corrupt influence of the big Olive Oil & Skin Dyeing cartels.  :rofl:

32 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

It’s only there because of the corrupt influence of the big Olive Oil & Skin Dyeing cartels.  :rofl:

Its because there is no venue that has to be built (it shares with weightlifting). THe other 3 require new venues in CHile.

28 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Its because there is no venue that has to be built (it shares with weightlifting). THe other 3 require new venues in CHile.

You’re telling me there’s not a single bowling alley in Santiago de Chile :mumble:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Exactly, bodybuilding is just legal competitive sports doping.

53 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Well, all three could be staged at private venues, just ask the respective PanAm federations to contribute to the cost of leasing the venues.

• 2 weeks later...

No multi-sports games in 2020. I don’t know how many years it’s been since we’ve had a year without a multi-sports games :(