website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

2 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Mideterranean games 2021 in :ALG Oran has been postponed officially to 2022

They had the perfect time window, so I really don’t understand this move.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

i don't think athletes will prefer to take part in multi-tournament games just less than 2 months before Olympics 

Most of the “A” athletes didn’t prefer to take part in 2018 either :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 15/03/2020 at 08:56, Olympian1010 said:

Because the majority of us are in quarantine at this point, and without much sports to watch, I’d like some help with the following. I nearing completion of my PDF results collection (based off what’s available online still), but there’s many games I can’t find PDF results for. So if any of you possess any of the following (or know someone who does, or somewhere I can find them), I’d greatly appreciate it if you could share them with me somehow :yes

Organizations that are helpful (and on my good side): FISU, GAISF, MicroPulse. 
Organizations that suck ass and that are dead to me: CIJM, Qatar NOC, Tissot, CISM, and MSL (who apparently doesn’t even exist anymore :hairpull:

10 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

at least few of them took part , so these few athletes will not take part also in 2021 :d but actually there were a good number of elite athletes participating in 2018 as far as i remember comparing to another editions 

57 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Best Algerians would obviously take part. Why should they organize an event that clearly goes against their interest, scheduling-wise?

#banbestmen

So it seems like my worst nightmares about moving Tokyo 2020 are coming true :cry:. Two years of boring nothing :facepalm: (I guess we get one Olympics, so yay :wacko:)

27 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

So it seems like my worst nightmares about moving Tokyo 2020 are coming true :cry:. Two years of boring nothing :facepalm: (I guess we get one Olympics, so yay :wacko:)

That's a bit of an overreaction. Moving Tokyo doesn't change nearly as much in terms of 'boring nothing' as all sports (basically) coming to a total halt for as long as it takes. If sports at some point resume and slowly get back to their regular seasons and competitions, there once again is a shitload of stuff to watch, whether the Olympics (and due to that the other multi-sports events) were moved or not.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

That's a bit of an overreaction. Moving Tokyo doesn't change nearly as much in terms of 'boring nothing' as all sports (basically) coming to a total halt for as long as it takes. If sports at some point resume and slowly get back to their regular seasons and competitions, there once again is a shitload of stuff to watch, whether the Olympics (and due to that the other multi-sports events) were moved or not.

I don’t watch much sports outside of multi-sports games, so it does for me :(. I probably watch a competition or two every week, but that’s about it. I go all in on multi-sports games, so these changes do mean a lot for the few us who love multi-sports games. 

Like you said though, there is another way to look at this. 2022, 2023 are going to be jam-packed years of multi-sports games.

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I don’t watch much sports outside of multi-sports games, so it does for me :(. I probably watch a competition or two every week, but that’s about it. I go all in on multi-sports games, so these changes do mean a lot for the few us who love multi-sports games. 

Like you said though, there is another way to look at this. 2022, 2023 are going to be jam-packed years of multi-sports games.

That's not exactly what I said, what I said was that there's going to be tons of sports for sports fans once things get back underway :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!