website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

@MHSN does the drop down menu (on the left) work for you on ocagames.com? I just wanted to know if the website is faulty, or if my tablet is having problems.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

@MHSN does the drop down menu (on the left) work for you on ocagames.com? I just wanted to know if the website is faulty, or if my tablet is having problems.

not a good time to ask me such questions :p I can't see the site full version right now. my internet is almost not working right now !

ps: you probably heard news about the internet being restored , that's true for almost everywhere except 5 states, including where I live . so maybe I can answer your question in couple of days. more or less :d

from what I see, it seems they added more Games to their database, am I right ? the previous Asian Beach Games weren't there. even though I can't download anything. looks like there is nothing to download ?! Can you download for example 2008 ABG reports ?

Just now, MHSN said:

not a good time to ask me such questions :p I can't see the site full version right now. my internet is almost not working right now !

ps: you probably heard news about the internet being restored , that's true for almost everywhere except 5 states, including where I live . so maybe I can answer your question in couple of days. more or less :d

from what I see, it seems they added more Games to their database, am I right ? the previous Asian Beach Games weren't there. even though I can't download anything. looks like there is nothing to download ?! Can you download for example 2008 ABG reports ?

Yeah, no rush. I wasn’t even sure you’d see my comment :p. Sorry about that whole situation by the way, the US is playing right into the Iranian governments hand. Hopefully you and your family remain safe.

Yes, that’s what I thought too. It seems like they’re trying to add more. After selecting a games, I get another drop down menu where I can choose from a list of sports. I choose one, but then the system doesn’t work. Maybe they’re still updating it :dunno: (and yes I get to place where I should see the 2008 ABG files, but I can’t)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, no rush. I wasn’t even sure you’d see my comment :p. Sorry about that whole situation by the way, the US is playing right into the Iranian governments hand. Hopefully you and your family remain safe.

Yes, that’s what I thought too. It seems like they’re trying to add more. After selecting a games, I get another drop down menu where I can choose from a list of sports. I choose one, but then the system doesn’t work. Maybe they’re still updating it :dunno: (and yes I get to place where I should see the 2008 ABG files, but I can’t)

Actually the "dangerous" part was only for 2 or 3 days. nothing since Tuesday. but since the problem is not solved, unfortunately I expect to see more , just nobody knows when. tomorrow, in a year, 2 years, or more.

I wasn't sure what's your question, I can see that actually. even on my computer when I click on the list the destination is empty and there is no file to download ! hopefully they are uploading something. I have most of those reports already but my collection about 2008 and 2010 ABG is incomplete.

btw but they are supposed to be ZIP files, I remember you had issues with the RAR file I emailed to you on your tablet. :d maybe you should start using a computer sometimes :d

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

Actually the "dangerous" part was only for 2 or 3 days. nothing since Tuesday. but since the problem is not solved, unfortunately I expect to see more , just nobody knows when. tomorrow, in a year, 2 years, or more.

I wasn't sure what's your question, I can see that actually. even on my computer when I click on the list the destination is empty and there is no file to download ! hopefully they are uploading something. I have most of those reports already but my collection about 2008 and 2010 ABG is incomplete.

btw but they are supposed to be ZIP files, I remember you had issues with the RAR file I emailed to you on your tablet. :d maybe you should start using a computer sometimes :d

New OS update allows zip files :d, and I can save other file types to IPad and convert them on there or elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Some news from ODECABE - CACSO:

• The first edition of the Central American and Caribbean Beach Games is going to be held in 2021, with Santa Marta :COL being the only bidder so far.
  • The "Centennial" edition of the Central American and Caribbean Games in 2026 is likely to be awarded to León :MEX; they probably will use the velodrome in Aguascalientes for track cycling and held other distribute other disciplines in other cities, all located 2 hours or less from the main host; beach events are likely to be held in Puerto Vallarta or Manzanillo, which are the closest sites.
  • Three more sports were added to the 2022 sports program of the Games: Bodybuilding :sick:, Surfing and Netball, which was likely the input of the English Caribbean countries.

2 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Some news from ODECABE - CACSO:

• The first edition of the Central American and Caribbean Beach Games is going to be held in 2021, with Santa Marta :COL being the only bidder so far.
  • The "Centennial" edition of the Central American and Caribbean Games in 2026 is likely to be awarded to León :MEX; they probably will use the velodrome in Aguascalientes for track cycling and held other distribute other disciplines in other cities, all located 2 hours or less from the main host; beach events are likely to be held in Puerto Vallarta or Manzanillo, which are the closest sites.
  • Three more sports were added to the 2022 sports program of the Games: Bodybuilding :sick:, Surfing and Netball, which was likely the input of the English Caribbean countries.

Well the CAC countries have proven world class in all three, so all are technically deserving of being on the program. Excited about Netball, should be an interesting podium there. :CRC should dominate surfing, especially since it’s a home games for them.

35 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well the CAC countries have proven world class in all three, so all are technically deserving of being on the program. Excited about Netball, should be an interesting podium there. :CRC should dominate surfing, especially since it’s a home games for them.

They are not hosted in Costa Rica, but in Panama City

9 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

They are not hosted in Costa Rica, but in Panama City

My geography and memory is really failing this week, and it’s seriously concerning. :PAN and :CRC aren’t even that similar:facepalm: