website statistics
Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!
 

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to:

 

  • Post replies and open new threads
  • Give reputation to other members' posts
  • Get your own private messenger
  • Manage your profile

 

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

 

Sign In | Create an Account

bestmen

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Asian Children's Winter Games? That's awfully specific :p

 

Hey, I don’t make the games. I just watch, and help you replay them


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any specific matches, events, sports any of you want me to record and attempt to publish from the 2019 South American Games or 2019 Special Olympics World Games?


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chengdu is hungry for events.. After securing Universiade 2021, they are now bidding for World Games 2025 and ITTF World Team championships 2022

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this thing...:

5D7588DF-DC37-4B51-B36C-3F090A8F9CF3.png

is the 2019 SEA Games mascot


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/03/2019 at 11:22, Olympian1010 said:

So this thing...:

5D7588DF-DC37-4B51-B36C-3F090A8F9CF3.png

is the 2019 SEA Games mascot

Well.. that's what happen when you are half-hearted in hosting the Games with budget cuts. The logo also sucks too

 

There were proposal to move it to Thailand (the always ready replacement) or Indonesia (hosted last year's Asian Games). But both countries might be unstable due to elections. So in the end the organizers were like: "WE WILL DO IT NO MATTER WHAT"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Griff88 said:

Well.. that's what happen when you are half-hearted in hosting the Games with budget cuts. The logo also sucks too

 

There were proposal to move it to Thailand (the always ready replacement) or Indonesia (hosted last year's Asian Games). But both countries might be unstable due to elections. So in the end the organizers were like: "WE WILL DO IT NO MATTER WHAT"


Why are the SEA Games staged every two years? It looks weird to me that the Olympic council of Asia allows this competition to be staged every two years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thiago_simoes said:


Why are the SEA Games staged every two years? It looks weird to me that the Olympic council of Asia allows this competition to be staged every two years. 

Probably tradition. I like it though, good for athlete development


“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:


Why are the SEA Games staged every two years? It looks weird to me that the Olympic council of Asia allows this competition to be staged every two years. 

It has been a tradition, even SEA Games is older than OCA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...