website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

And Mexico added Basque Pelota (4 events), while Canada added Women's Baseball.

I don't know if they are good, but the sport is popular in that country, so maybe they're expecting a medal. Remember Peru is far from being competitive even at this level.

I think they're expecting gold in Men's Singles squash, plus some outside chances in Karate and Surf.

Maybe they can also win one of the long distance events in Athletics, but probably they will end with the least amount of gold medals won by a host nation in quite some time.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Maybe they can also win one of the long distance events in Athletics, but probably they will end with the least amount of gold medals won by a host nation in quite some time.

Exactly, they still being very BEHIND another south americans countrys, for example Ecuador dont have nothing to envy Peru, you and @mrv86 name most of the Peru Chances.

6 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

They only won 2 in Toronto, wow. Maybe they will win 5-6 this time around, but I can also see it going the other way around. 

On 12/31/2017 at 13:39, Griff88 said:

Poomsae because Indonesia is quite strong :p

And yes 63 kg and 53 kg is where our best athletes are in :p

And archery is so problematic, the compound archers complained that they're in a state of uncertainty...

Table tennis - tennis team event is a no because Indonesia 99% won't get a medal :p

The volunteer program is confusing, and we don't even have a fixed venue list yet. Basketball will move from its original venue to the same venue with badminton, reportedly basketball matches will start on 8 August....

So far it is still ":facepalm:"

yeah Indonesia won the gold medal in men's team Poomsae event at the AIMAG 2017 but they beat Iran by a very small margin and South Korea didn't participate. they most probably will win all 4 Poomsae gold medals. but winning silver/bronze is better than winning nothing I guess.

well OCA website is publishing more details about the events and I'm getting more and more upset and disappointed  . I thught we will have 17 Canoe sprint events but nope . 5 of them will be traditional boat race (Dragon boat right ?)

in boxing they dropped 3 heaviest weights !!!!!!! which means 75kg will be heaviest weight there,  :facepalm:

in wegihtlifting they dropped the most prestigious class ! the supper heavyweight !! another sure gold for Iran is gone ! even though I think IWF will change the weight classes completely because of 7+7 rules for Tokyo Olympics. so I assume this is not final

in shooting they changed the whole program. we will have 15 Olympic events plus few more . guess what ? 10m running target and running target mixed !!! plus 300m rifle !

I was wrong about table tennis, we will have team events actually but they dropped both men and women double ! (mixed doubles will be there )

------------

with this program, Indonesia won't finish worst than 4th , I think there is even a chance for catching Japan for the 3rd place. as for Iran, we are losing so many gold medal chances, I'm not saying we are without chance in these new events . we will win silver and bronze medals but I care more about gold medals at the Asian Games.

the only good news is this time we will have the Asian Games two months before the World Champs in Wrestling (which is always our best sport to win multiple gold medals), which means we can send our top team to Jakarta. in past editions that was mostly a mixture of A and B teams. and they were mostly very tired after the World Champs. if we want to win something around 20 gold medals. we need wrestling to win at least 6-7 gold medals.

21 hours ago, MHSN said:

yeah Indonesia won the gold medal in men's team Poomsae event at the AIMAG 2017 but they beat Iran by a very small margin and South Korea didn't participate. they most probably will win all 4 Poomsae gold medals. but winning silver/bronze is better than winning nothing I guess.

You know that Poomsae is a judged event, right? :evil:

21 hours ago, MHSN said:

With this program, Indonesia won't finish worst than 4th , I think there is even a chance for catching Japan for the 3rd place. as for Iran, we are losing so many gold medal chances, I'm not saying we are without chance in these new events . we will win silver and bronze medals but I care more about gold medals at the Asian Games.

the only good news is this time we will have the Asian Games two months before the World Champs in Wrestling (which is always our best sport to win multiple gold medals), which means we can send our top team to Jakarta. in past editions that was mostly a mixture of A and B teams. and they were mostly very tired after the World Champs. if we want to win something around 20 gold medals. we need wrestling to win at least 6-7 gold medals.

4th is too optimistic, even for the most optimistic Indonesian (unless they don't know about sports at all)

Getting 5th - 8th is already a "thank God" moment for us. At this point some sports are still waiting for their funding so they can start training, provide supplements, etc. Even our weightlifters have to miss the World Champs because the government failed to allocate money for their participation. I mean if weightlifting can't get such things, how about the other sports like handball or wrestling?

7 hours ago, Griff88 said:

You know that Poomsae is a judged event, right? :evil:

4th is too optimistic, even for the most optimistic Indonesian (unless they don't know about sports at all)

Getting 5th - 8th is already a "thank God" moment for us. At this point some sports are still waiting for their funding so they can start training, provide supplements, etc. Even our weightlifters have to miss the World Champs because the government failed to allocate money for their participation. I mean if weightlifting can't get such things, how about the other sports like handball or wrestling?

Yeah but you have to beat South Korea for the gold, they are master of cheating in sports and they won't give up gold medals easily. :d btw I remember Indonesia included Poomsae for the 2013 Islamic Games program and Iran won 4 out of 5 gold medals :d 

Are u telling me that Indonesia can't win 20-30 gold medals in Pencak Silat, Jet Ski, Paragliding, Bridge, Dragon Boat and Sport Climbing ? and of course Badminton, beside that you have Weightlifting and Wushu. any other sport with realistic "gold" medal chances for you ? Rowing or Karate maybe ? I just saw the Rowing program, so many lightweight events . no surprise :d

for a top 6 finish , even 15 gold medals will be enough most probably. even though we have so many big changes in the program, so the medal table might be very different this time. hard to say which countries will gain from this. Sambo and Kurash will be good for our rivals Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan. even though we also can expect gold in Kurash. no idea about Ju-jitsu, they didn't mention if it's Brazilian JJ (ne-waza) or simple fighting system. fighting system would be perfect for Iran but I assume they will go with the Ne-waza system which will give few gold medals to UAE ! I'm quite sure Indonesia is innocent in adding these new martial arts sports. OCA wanted to satisfy few west/central Asian countries .

• 3 weeks later...
Il y a 7 heures , konig a déclaré:

This is the most bizarre new i have ever seen about the olympic games:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1059893/two-year-old-athletes-to-compete-at-bahrains-baby-olympics

....And, Bahrain just overtook Germany as the tleast funny country on earth. The video was supposed to be a joke guys not, a bidding contest to host these games.

13 hours ago, konig said:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1059893/two-year-old-athletes-to-compete-at-bahrains-baby-olympics

Wait... Is it the 1st of april somewhere? :mumble:

16 hours ago, konig said:

China will dominate the girl's gymnastics event, rumour has it they're sending their full Olympic team that won bronze in Rio. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!