Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, intoronto said:

What is the story behind this? :p 

I’ll need to do a way back search in some Instagram posts, but during the 2018 CAC Games hosted in that city, Mexican athletes complained and took photos showing the roof of the village was made of tin sheets, with no isolation or covering whatsoever.

And while the quality of the sports venues was OK for that event, Barranquilla will need to invest quite the money for most of the venues to reach a PanAm level.

Not saying I hope they will fail, but definitely, the OC needs to step up to the task for 2027.

12 hours ago, mrv86 said:

I’ll need to do a way back search in some Instagram posts, but during the 2018 CAC Games hosted in that city, Mexican athletes complained and took photos showing the roof of the village was made of tin sheets, with no isolation or covering whatsoever.

And while the quality of the sports venues was OK for that event, Barranquilla will need to invest quite the money for most of the venues to reach a PanAm level.

Not saying I hope they will fail, but definitely, the OC needs to step up to the task for 2027.

Well that was last minute, so hoping for the best in 2027, but after five straight games in large global cities, going to Barranquilla does seem like a step down

The ISF U15 World School Sport Games begin this week. This is the first time the ISF has sanctioned a multi-sports games for U15 student athletes. Unfortunately, only 35 countries decided to send athletes to the Games, and among those many sent limited delegations. It’s hard to gauge whether this is because of the proximity to the Olympics/Paralympics, COVID-19 pandemic, or the “newness” of these Games. I like the ISF model of student/youth athlete multi-sports games (making the Games both an educational and sporting experience for students), so hopefully their next projects attract more interest.

Anyways, for those interested in checking out the Games this week; here’s a link: https://events.isfsports.org/u15-world-school-sports-games/

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Indonesian National Games has started some competitions, opening ceremony on 2 Oct

Anyone interested can try to check the Indonesian-only website

https://games.ponxx2021papua.com/Schedules

56 sports will be contested, which included sports like motorcycle racing, finswimming, and aerosports.

Demonstration sports included surfing, modern pentathlon, triathlon, all the new martial arts in the 2018 Asian Games, and the super youthful video game competition.

Olympic sports not included in the program: cycling (not even road cycling!), table tennis (the federation is having an internal issue), and golf