website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Alright, never mind, that’s not the weirdest thing I’ve seen. That title now goes to Cameroon, who spun the footballs on a pencil, and the held those pencils by inserting them into their ass cracks.

I mean, what is this event!?!

Photographic evidence for those who need it...

2CB623C4-145A-4E61-8CEC-CCDE6EE88B5C.jpeg

And that's how I started my week. Waking up and seeing a post of two guys spinning a soccer ball out of their ass cracks, lol.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, PHI2019 said:

Panama withdraws as host of the 2022 Central American And Caribbean Games. This has got to be the worst news of the day.

Panama withdraws as host of 2022 Central American and Caribbean Games

Yep, that’s some rough news alright. My guess is that we’ll be back in Colombia if the 2022 CAC Games are to happen.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yep, that’s some rough news alright. My guess is that we’ll be back in Colombia if the 2022 CAC Games are to happen.

Not surprising to me at all.

They were so far behind, most of the work at the venues haven't even started. I agree with you,

Barranquilla or Cali will have to step in as no other country in the region could host the competition in a two year period.

5 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Not surprising to me at all.

They were so far behind, most of the work at the venues haven't even started. I agree with you,

Barranquilla or Cali will have to step in as no other country in the region could host the competition in a two year period.

It’s going to be a little weird if Barranquilla hosts the Games again in 2022. “ Señores y Señoras, bienvenido a Barranquilla...tambien”

I can’t think of any other countries besides cities besides Barranquilla or Cali (and maybe Santa Marta) that can host. Santo Domingo is the only city left bidding for 2027, so it’s too early for them (and it’s a little worrying that they’re the only candidate for those Games too). I would assume Veracruz is out because they either don’t have the money, or don’t want to host the Games again. What about Guadalajara? I’m assuming it’s the same situation for them as well. I can’t even think of any other cities that would have the infrastructure to host right now. The only potential future hosts I can even think of outside of Colombia and Mexico (and I guess the Dominican Republic) are Costa Rica, Trinidad and Tobago, and maybe a joint bid between multiple countries (and maybe Puerto Rico when they recover from the hurricane and economic crisis they face).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s going to be a little weird if Barranquilla hosts the Games again in 2022. “ Señores y Señoras, bienvenido a Barranquilla...tambien”

I can’t think of any other countries besides cities besides Barranquilla or Cali (and maybe Santa Marta) that can host. Santo Domingo is the only city left bidding for 2027, so it’s too early for them (and it’s a little worrying that they’re the only candidate for those Games too). I would assume Veracruz is out because they either don’t have the money, or don’t want to host the Games again. What about Guadalajara? I’m assuming it’s the same situation for them as well. I can’t even think of any other cities that would have the infrastructure to host right now. The only potential future hosts I can even think of outside of Colombia and Mexico (and I guess the Dominican Republic) are Costa Rica, Trinidad and Tobago, and maybe a joint bid between multiple countries (and maybe Puerto Rico when they recover from the hurricane and economic crisis they face).

In Colombia, only Cali and Barranquilla could host on short notice. Medellin might throw the ring, but Santa Marta is too small and unprepared IMO.

Mexico won't bid. Ana Guevara wants all the sports money for herself and her "friend", and those corrupt athletes that benefit from being represented by their PR agency.

Guadalajara could be, after all our governor (whom I also dislike because of his arrogance and corruption) often disents from the federal government and we have one of the srongest local economies; but after the last government declined to host World Aquatics Championships, I don't think the city's bid could be well received racing against Colombia. Plus we'll need to construct a new Athletics venue, after the last has been transformed into a baseball stadium. Other than Guadalajara, only Tijuana and Monterrey could host on short notice, although venues couldn't be upgraded and no Olympic Village could be constructed.

Santo Domingo may be another suitable option, and maybe they're willing to become the replacement host. I doubt Puerto Rico's government is willing to risk being ousted because they want to host a regional sports event.

Sadly, San Jose and Trinidad & Tobago are not prepared to host such an event, even if they would have bid.

35 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Sadly, San Jose and Trinidad & Tobago are not prepared to host such an event, even if they would have bid.

I was thinking more about potential future buds for those two.

I agree with your assessment of the possible hosts. 

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It needs to be a city that has recently hosted a major event in the area. I can only realistically say the games will likely be delayed to earlier part of 2023 (still a bit of spacing between them and the PAGs).