website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

On 5/9/2016 at 01:26, heywoodu said:

How do you see the results there? I click on those things and all that happens is that it expends, no results come up.

79bab011eb.png

I'm also lost :wacko:

And btw Toguz korgool and Mangala is just a variation of "Congklak" (Indonesian traditional game). Man, we should've sent children to those events

bermain-congklak-850x626.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Asian Beach Games Opening is on the way in Da Nang, Vietnam. Guess who is joining the party

images_zpsnzls9vz7.jpg

P.S: It's a bit unfortunate for Vietnam as strong winds and rain started right after the opening sequence and the giant screen failing afterwards

Watch here:http://vtv.vn/truyen-hinh-truc-tuyen/vtv1.htm

On 9/15/2016 at 06:35, Griff88 said:

Apparently our National Games website is identical to Rio 2016 website... :mumble:

images_zpsntwumkvm.jpg

That's pretty interesting indeed :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

It's a shame the Asian Beach Games don't have more water sports, the water is like half the beach. Sailing is a bit omission, you could also add surfing or water skiing. Canoeing isn't exactly a beach sport, but you do have rowing (maybe paddle-boarding).

I'm also glad cross-country made it to the program. I personally find it more interesting that the 10000m track event.

13 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

It's a shame the Asian Beach Games don't have more water sports, the water is like half the beach. Sailing is a bit omission, you could also add surfing or water skiing. Canoeing isn't exactly a beach sport, but you do have rowing (maybe paddle-boarding).

I'm also glad cross-country made it to the program. I personally find it more interesting that the 10000m track event.

I always thought that cross-country would need to replace steeplechase and not 10000m, since the idea of steeplchase seems to be to recreate the cross-country conditions inside the stadium. Although, cross-country will also need to have jumps then.

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

This is completely up to the host nation to set the program, I believe only few sports like Beach soccer and beach volley have a safe place.

btw I have hard time to understand Iranian officials. they pulled out all team sports from the competition, Iran had a very good chance for few gold medals here. even in other sports they are just participating, without really caring about the results, they didn't use maximum quota they could. and also no female athletes at all !!

I can't understand, if they care, why sending such a depleted delegation, and if they don't care (which I can understand since this is not a big deal) why they are sending small group of athletes in 9 different sports !! :mumble:

18 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Unfortunately, there is no a special pool of sports that can be contested in Asian Beach Games. They omitted many water sports but added some unrelated ones like Muay and 3x3 basketball. Those are the examples of "moving a sport to a beach and call it beach sport". I hope OCA can make a better regulation to standardize the Games.

2 hours ago, Griff88 said:

Unfortunately, there is no a special pool of sports that can be contested in Asian Beach Games. They omitted many water sports but added some unrelated ones like Muay and 3x3 basketball. Those are the examples of "moving a sport to a beach and call it beach sport". I hope OCA can make a better regulation to standardize the Games.

Well there are basketball courts near beaches where I live, but I get your point.