website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yes/No. I don’t know what I’m allowed to say, but there are people working on that. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Got an email from the Head of Client Services at Swiss Timing today. It seems like I might be able to complete my collection soon (well not fully, fricken MSL went it of business as few years ago, and that’s just been a pain in my ass for some games from 2009-2011).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

45 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

forget will smith GIF

It’s not that type of secret (I hope). I’m just really don’t know what I’m allowed to share about project, and I’d prefer not to get kicked out.

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s not that type of secret (I hope). I’m just really don’t know what I’m allowed to share about project, and I’d prefer not to get kicked out.

Sports Reference for the Pan Ams?

#banbestmen

On 17/05/2020 at 22:59, Griff88 said:

Since I'm bored so I decided to do a more thorough detective work.

I think at that time the they didn't create qualification summary PDF for each sports. Both IOC and Singapore 2010 archive only list the event will be from "5 junior continental championships in 2010".

The closest thing that details the qualification system is this and this. So the artistic and rhythmic qualifying were held in 2009, while the trampoline is part of 2010 senior edition

Thank you! Fantastic work! :bowdown:

I'm bored too, so I decided to spend the last few days trying to gather the results for every edition of the Junior Pan American Artistic and Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships. I was able to find most of the results, what's very surprising even to me, considering these events date all way back to 1987! The only event I could find nothing about, except for confirmation that it did indeed happen, is the 1987 Jr Rhythmics Pan Ams. But given how old this is, I think it's perfectly understandable that not even Web Archive or obscure newspaper archives have nothing about it.

As usual, I've uploaded all of the results to Wikipedia. The full list is here.

image.png

EDIT: Guess what? I found some results. They were hidden in an electronic library from Mexico. Now I've found results (not all of them, but most of them) for all 36 tournaments. Nice. :d

Forgot to mention it yesterday, but the IWGA celebrated its 40th anniversary. I always expect more from the World Games than I get, but it’s important to remember that they’re a rather young organization still. Wroclaw 2017 is an absolute delight though, so hopefully Birmingham 2022 raises the standard even higher.

Organizers for the 2020 Asian Beach Games still plan for the games to take place in November. According to ITG, medical workers will be the torchbearers for the games. They have a new website as well: http://en.sanya2020.cn

I’m remaining pessimistic about these games happening, but I’m hopeful the OCA will be able to pull them off.