website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

Thailand will bid for the 2026 Youth Olympic Games: https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1094280/thailand-2026-youth-olympic-games-bid

They will join Colombia who already entered the race a while back, and most likely India and Russia who have also shown interest in bidding.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mexico forfeits the chance of hosting the centennial edition of the Central American and Caribbean Games in 2026, as Leon retired its bid.

The one to blame is none other than that turd former Olympian Ana Guevara who snubbed the organizing committee, blatantly ignoring the request for support from the Federal government, which in part was due to the local authorities and the citizens are not on good terms with the President and its party.

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

Mexico forfeits the chance of hosting the centennial edition of the Central American and Caribbean Games in 2026, as Leon retired its bid.

The one to blame is none other than that turd former Olympian Ana Guevara who snubbed the organizing committee, blatantly ignoring the request for support from the Federal government, which in part was due to the local authorities and the citizens are not on good terms with the President and its party.

So we have a winner then right? The games should be heading to Santo Domingo :DOM

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2021 Jeux De La Francophonie and 2021 Junior Pan American Games are the last games standing by my count...

I wonder if these multi-sport games are going to see an decrease in the amount of cities that want to bid for them.  On the major scale, the Olympics are already seeing this, is the same thing happening on the more regional or single issue (Jeux De La Francophonie, Islamic Solidarity, etc) games?

37 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

I wonder if these multi-sport games are going to see an decrease in the amount of cities that want to bid for them.  On the major scale, the Olympics are already seeing this, is the same thing happening on the more regional or single issue (Jeux De La Francophonie, Islamic Solidarity, etc) games?

I can see ISG's collapse in a few years if the already narrow pool of potential hosts became struggling financially post COVID-19

I don't know where to ask, but I hope this is a good place. Does anybody have the documents detailing the qualification system in gymnastics for the 2010 Youth Olympics? I want to know if results of the 2009 Junior Pan American Championships were used, or if there was a specific Junior Pan Am Championship in 2010. I know senior Pan Am Championships were staged in 2010, but I can't find any info on Junior Pan Ams.

29 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I don't know where to ask, but I hope this is a good place. Does anybody have the documents detailing the qualification system in gymnastics for the 2010 Youth Olympics? I want to know if results of the 2009 Junior Pan American Championships were used, or if there was a specific Junior Pan Am Championship in 2010. I know senior Pan Am Championships were staged in 2010, but I can't find any info on Junior Pan Ams.

Can't find the qualification file but from this news article looks like that they did use the 2009 Junior PanAm results.

https://m.panamaamerica.com.pa/node/491606

10 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Since I'm bored so I decided to do a more thorough detective work.

I think at that time the they didn't create qualification summary PDF for each sports. Both IOC and Singapore 2010 archive only list the event will be from "5 junior continental championships in 2010".

The closest thing that details the qualification system is this and this. So the artistic and rhythmic qualifying were held in 2009, while the trampoline is part of 2010 senior edition