Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 3 medals for Portugal :yikes: 

Well, still more than the number of meters of Mediterranean coast they have :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Only 3 medals for Portugal :yikes: 

Well, still more than the number of meters of Mediterranean coast they have :p 

Not impressed... I've heard people calling Slovakia a Mediterranean country, and yet they have zero medals of any kind. :p

#banbestmen

2021 ANOC World Beach Games cancelled :yikes::( 

Bidding process for the 2023 ANOC World Beach Games to take place in 2021 now.

Source: https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1093795/anoc-postpone-world-beach-games

I will lose my shit if the IOC cancels the Olympics after all of this havoc they’ve caused.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

And another, 2021 Commonwealth Youth Games cancelled. The CGF will look at having an edition of the games in 2023, but there might not be another addition of the games until 2025.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I will lose my shit if the IOC cancels the Olympics after all of this havoc they’ve caused.

Exactly.. Too many events postponed it cancelled 

Even the news of Asian Games in 2030 being hosted by either Qatar or Saudi Arabia doesn't impress me much. Those empty stadiums everywhere. 

Apparently Indian Olympic Committee blamed Covid19 for not being able to make a bid as it says government was very busy with covid 19. I'm pretty sure if we had gone ahead with the bid, Delhi-Bhubaneshwar would have won it unless corruption in voting for the sole reason of equality and human rights issues with those 2 nations. 

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Exactly.. Too many events postponed it cancelled 

Even the news of Asian Games in 2030 being hosted by either Qatar or Saudi Arabia doesn't impress me much. Those empty stadiums everywhere. 

Apparently Indian Olympic Committee blamed Covid19 for not being able to make a bid as it says government was very busy with covid 19. I'm pretty sure if we had gone ahead with the bid, Delhi-Bhubaneshwar would have won it unless corruption in voting for the sole reason of equality and human rights issues with those 2 nations. 

I’m not bothered by empty stadiums. I know I’m in the minority on that, but spectators aren’t needed for me to enjoy an event. Especially when it comes to rich countries who can pretty much afford to have white elephants. The venues look spectacular and there’s plenty of room for people who actually want to be there. As long as the streaming, results systems, and athlete facilities are good, I’m happy. Of course there should definitely be a case made about human rights in countries are awarding hosting rights for multi-sports games.

India could have won because of the infighting between Qatar and Saudi. If the OCA didn’t want any enemies, India would have made a nice third party host. India’s bid would have been plagued by the skeleton of Delhi 2010 of course.

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m not bothered by empty stadiums. I know I’m in the minority on that, but spectators aren’t needed for me to enjoy an event. Especially when it comes to rich countries who can pretty much afford to have white elephants. The venues look spectacular and there’s plenty of room for people who actually want to be there. As long as the streaming, results systems, and athlete facilities are good, I’m happy.

Up to this point, I'm with you lol.