website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Seems better than Asian Games Mascot, still I like none of them, like some college animation design homework of some C-grade students.

Yeah I think they did not put much effort on mascots... But the venues will be amazing as usual

17 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I need some advice/feedback/suggestions on my collection. As y’all know I’ve been collecting results for all the international multi-sports games, and my collection has grown significantly. I’m to the point where I only have 3/4 games left to curate (realistically). I’ve actually begin collecting maps, posters, spectator guides, newsletters, broadcast schedules, and whatnot as well. I’m sure there’s elegant way to ask the questions I have, but all I think of is: What now?

I mean what should I do? My original goal was to build up a collection for myself to enjoy, but then I got rather serious about it, and I revised my goal into making my collection public. The problem is that I don’t think I have the infrastructure to do that. At this point, I’m setting on 7GB of data, which isn’t a lot in fairness, but I actually have somewhere in the realm of 25GB (most likely more) of data that I’d love to share. I would try upload my collection to the Totallympics Media website or the Totallympics Results website, but I’m pretty sure I would A - crash the websites, B - reduce the openness of the collections, C - it would cost a fortune (I don’t actually know, but I’m assuming) D - the collection would probably be poorly maintained. So what should I do?

I’m terms of what I envision, I want there to be a place where people can go to learn about and research all the international multi-sports games. Everything would be open, anyone could contribute, and goal would be gain as much information as possible. It would follow the model of the Olympic Library and others like it. 

Much of the stuff in my collection is somewhat available online, some of it is practically exclusive at this point (and some of it probably will be in the future). I just don’t want my work to go to waste. There needs to be some type of end, so that I don’t go crazy or get depressed that all of my work was for nothing. 

Hopefully this post makes some sort of sense. I’m open to all suggestions, ideas, advice, guidance, etc. I encourage people to give their opinions. I just want help.

Still looking for some guidance/opinions here...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Still looking for some guidance/opinions here...

I'd give you some if I had any other than posting results you have on Wikipedia if they aren't there yet.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

49 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

What about LA84?

I learned of their library’s existence yesterday. I sent them an email yesterday evening, but I’ve yet to hear back (which is fine, I don’t expect instantaneous service). I don’t know a lot about the library, but I’m very familiar with LA84, and I love the work they do. Do you know anything about them?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I'd give you some if I had any other than posting results you have on Wikipedia if they aren't there yet.

Yeah, I might do that if I get bored over the summer. I definitely plan to do my best to get them on our revamped results website at last (in regular text form, not PDF). I love the PDFs because they come with nice covers, notes from officials, logos, pictograms, sponsors, etc.

20 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, I might do that if I get bored over the summer. I definitely plan to do my best to get them on our revamped results website at last (in regular text form, not PDF). I love the PDFs because they come with nice covers, notes from officials, logos, pictograms, sponsors, etc.

If you want to share them with as many people as possible, put them on Wikipedia. There is no better place for a large collection of results, basically, especially in terms of audience (everyone knows Wikipedia) and how easy it is to use (click on an athlete's name and see their profile, and so on).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If you want to share them with as many people as possible, put them on Wikipedia. There is no better place for a large collection of results, basically, especially in terms of audience (everyone knows Wikipedia) and how easy it is to use (click on an athlete's name and see their profile, and so on).

can you do your anti-totallympics results site propaganda outside of the forum at least :rolleyes: