website statistics

Other Multi-Sport Games Discussion Thread

Totallympics

12 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Well, bad day for Argentina at the games... all 3 tennis finals lost (to my shock). To make it worse two of them to Colombia... I think it's safe to say now that Colombia will surpass us (even if barely) on the medal table at the end.

Good job from Delfina Pignatiello (like always) winning by herself 3 golds, 3 silvers and 2 bronzes in swimming.

The worst  Argentina day by far.......now your prognostic about Colombia be second will be ok, once more i trust too much in our athletes.

Edited by konig

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, konig said:

Wow, i really dont know that Colombia is so good in diving, we are doom and Colombia will be the second country in the medal count.

They're not that good... is just that there's no current rivals for them in South America, but still they're way behind Canada, Mexico and USA.

3 hours ago, mrv86 said:

They're not that good... is just that there's no current rivals for them in South America, but still they're way behind Canada, Mexico and USA.

I talk in south american level, of course, they probably will win all the medals.

A third final place for Argentina, im conformable with the general performance, there are some interesting athletes for the future..... here a link to make a comparation between this and the last youth south american games https://twitter.com/gerardowerthein/status/917185713216610304

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Asian Games organizers finally confirmed 462 events for Jakarta 2018. even though it's really hard to find the details . but this pic shows the initial list

?id=650973&width=720

and we had few changes this week .

they dropped 3 events from Boxing, 2 from Sambo and Cycling, 1 from Kurash, Wushu, Karate and Ju-jitsu

instead they added 2 events in Taekwondo and Shooting, 4 in Sport Climbing and 3 in Archery.

the Taekwondo program is really funny, they dropped non-Olympic events to have boring stupid Poomsae competition !! later they added two more non-Olympic events. (63kg men, 53kg women), probably because Indonesia is good in these two weights ?! :d

in all other sports they dropped the heaviest weight. again because people in East Asia are not that heavy ! in Cycling they dropped the both BMX freestyle events. they added 3 in Archery, we were supposed to have full Recurve program (individual, team, mixed team) now we have 3 compound events ! Iranian sources claim they will be team compound (me and women and mixed) but that doesn't make sense, probably both individual events and mixed team.

they didn't change their initial proposal to drop team events in Table tennis, tennis and soft tennis but not in badminton ! guess why ? :d

the only "positive" is to see 17 events for Sprint Canoeing, their original plan was 12 Olympic events

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2017 at 19:37, MHSN said:

Looks like the Asian Games organizers finally confirmed 462 events for Jakarta 2018. even though it's really hard to find the details . but this pic shows the initial list

?id=650973&width=720

and we had few changes this week .

they dropped 3 events from Boxing, 2 from Sambo and Cycling, 1 from Kurash, Wushu, Karate and Ju-jitsu

instead they added 2 events in Taekwondo and Shooting, 4 in Sport Climbing and 3 in Archery.

the Taekwondo program is really funny, they dropped non-Olympic events to have boring stupid Poomsae competition !! later they added two more non-Olympic events. (63kg men, 53kg women), probably because Indonesia is good in these two weights ?! :d

in all other sports they dropped the heaviest weight. again because people in East Asia are not that heavy ! in Cycling they dropped the both BMX freestyle events. they added 3 in Archery, we were supposed to have full Recurve program (individual, team, mixed team) now we have 3 compound events ! Iranian sources claim they will be team compound (me and women and mixed) but that doesn't make sense, probably both individual events and mixed team.

they didn't change their initial proposal to drop team events in Table tennis, tennis and soft tennis but not in badminton ! guess why ? :d

the only "positive" is to see 17 events for Sprint Canoeing, their original plan was 12 Olympic events

Poomsae because Indonesia is quite strong :p

And yes 63 kg and 53 kg is where our best athletes are in :p

And archery is so problematic, the compound archers complained that they're in a state of uncertainty...

Table tennis - tennis team event is a no because Indonesia 99% won't get a medal :p

The volunteer program is confusing, and we don't even have a fixed venue list yet. Basketball will move from its original venue to the same venue with badminton, reportedly basketball matches will start on 8 August....

So far it is still ":facepalm:"