website statistics

Summer Universiade 2019

Totallympics

• 2 months later...

Here is a picture from the organizers in which the mascot is introduced. Her name is Partenope, the same of the mythological mermaid that according to legend lived where Napoli was founded, and that is at the origin of why Neapolitan people is often defined as “partenopei”. The castle on the background instead is Castel dell’Ovo (literally “the castel of the egg”) about which a legend say that the whole castle is built over an egg placed there by Vergilius and whose rupture may cause disgraces in the whole city. It is located on the tiny island called Megaride and together with Vesevus it belongs to the worldwide famous Caracciolo/Mergellina seaside in the City

929536B7-0BF1-4A48-AB97-709C502E5506.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Well...We all missed the games apparently: 46C45A98-A670-4ECB-AA07-FED41C24B9E8.jpegIt’s a good thing I’m a communications major, because it looks like there may be an opening in the near future...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh good, so I can use like one to recover my sleep schedule from the European Games and then do it again. At least Italy is a little friendlier in its time zones.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

So like the other major games this summer, the Olympic Channel will broadcast the games along side the equally good FISU TV.

59 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

I was planning to buy tickets for some events for Universiade, maybe diving. Let me make a little bit of advertisement for my city :D Tickets are cheap, the weather is beautiful and we have pizza :D

Probabily i will buy tickets too, 3 euro are really nothing... probabily fencing and some football matches, i need to understand better wich event are close to me