website statistics

Olympic Videos & Pictures

dcro

On 06/02/2021 at 20:59, hckošice said:

Ah... 10 months before the end of the beautiful Czechoslovakia...the last winter olympic participation of the czechs and slovaks under one flag

obrázok.png

The team won 3 Bronze Medals.

Petr Barna in M Figure Skating

Tomáš Goder/František Jež/Jaroslav Sakala and Jiří Parma in Team Ski Jumping

and bronze in Ice Hockey after a memorable win 6-1 over the USA in the Bronze medal game.  last epic olympic tournament of players from both our nations including a very sweet win 4-3 against former USSR in the preliminary round, the only team that beat them in the whole tournament

A bit OT, but I was wondering what was the last team or athlete that have represented Czechoslovakia in an official competition ?

I've just learnt that the football team has represented the defunct nation under the name 'Representation of Czechs and Slovaks' up to late 1993 (1994 WC qualification)

The last home game of RCS in your hometown ;)

19 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

A bit OT, but I was wondering what was the last team or athlete that have represented Czechoslovakia in an official competition ?

I've just learnt that the football team has represented the defunct nation under the name 'Representation of Czechs and Slovaks' up to late 1993 (1994 WC qualification)

The last home game of RCS in your hometown ;)

Exact.

In fact both parts agreed to start competing independently in all sports right after the dissolution,

but there was also one problem, in football. especially the 1994 FIFA WC in USA, the qualifiers started in 1992 with former Czechoslovakia still existing. but it was already known that only until the New Years Eve, so FIFA had to decide and formed a new team

the RCS (Representation of Czechs and Slovaks)

RCS (The teams sadly had no flag nor nations symbols) just a white flag something like today Russia in the world championships. Both anthems Czech & Slovak were played before the games. 

RCS was the very last team representing Czechoslovakia in any sport.

Fun fact the team was just one single point from qualifying to the world cup in USA. imagine that 1 and half year after the country ceased to exist "Czechoslovakia" could still play together in a international event.

Many many tears were in Bruxelles after that 0-0 tie the 17th November 1993.

One chapter of our common history definitely finished, 11 months after the dissolution of Czechoslovakia

Some polls said that more then 60 % of people were against the split, sadly the fucking politicians did not allowed any referendum and decided a couple of months before the 1993 new year about the break-up

Anyway one other team named Czech and Slovak Republics also existed and played the U20 Ice Hockey team during the 1993 World Juniors, the tournament was held as usually during the christmas holidays, the team started as Czechoslovakia, the 30th December 1992 played 1-1 with Russia but since the 1st January suddenly lost its flag, nations symbols, anthem and was renamed Czech and Slovak Republics and the 2nd January defeated Japan 14-2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_World_Junior_Ice_Hockey_Championships

12 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Thank you for your great insight @hckošice I was also surprised by how cheerfull the crowd was during that last game, cheering for a nation that didn't exist anymore. Not so many slovak flags in the stands neither...

You're welcome.

Well, as I said, a lot of people were against the dissolution. Personally, I am also still sad about it. :( I am not even afraid to say that it was a criminal act of the politicians (Vaclav Klaus on the czech and fucking asshole Vladimir Mečiar on the slovak side) against the nation and its people.

• 1 month later...

They have recently uploaded M 4x100 free relay from Beijing 2008 with no stupid commentary and no stupid music or editing. Full race, sound from the arena. Yes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsfX1_psc6o

And to make French happier, they also uploaded W 400 final from Atlanta 1996. Marie-Jo Perec!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy-X20BXpF8

Enjoy!

25 minutes ago, hckošice said:

125 years ago.

The 6th of April 1896 started the 1st Olympic Games of the modern era in Athens.

6%201896%20Athens%202.jpg?itok=q8fcU9SM

with the very first event, the 1st heat of the 100m

04%20OH%201896%20start%20stovky.JPG?itok

That’s some London 2012 crowds there.  Greeks hungry for live Olympic sport after a 1500 year lockdown.

Do we have a "TISC community Google drive" where we can share Olympic videos? 

I am asking this because I got 20 GB of Barcelona footage with mostly Hungarian stuff, commentated by Hungarians. It's from a 2020 Hungarian Olympic TV show where MTVA shared their old Olympic footage from the 90s and 2000s. 

Anyway, 20GB is too large to be shared on a free Google Drive as the limit is 15GB. What I did is that I made a YouTube channel for the Hungarian races/matches, for Hungarians, so it's all in Hungarian, but you can probably figure out what's going on. This channel is destined to be taken down by IOC sooner rather than later, but here it is for now if anyone wants to watch Egerszegi and Darnyi being awesome in Barcelona...

...or to watch Germany beat us in men's team epée as the commentator struggles to stay awake at the start of the match because it's epée in 1992.

The channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJwbwsTM-KIclnUW9VK0TPg

And while I can't share everything in a drive (there are certain ways to download from YT anyway), I do have a couple of non-Hungarian events that I didn't upload to YT, mostly to avoid the inevitable death of this channel a bit longer.

So here's this shared folder with some athletics (men's 100m, women's 100m and 100m hurdles), some gymnastics, and the highlights of the men's water polo and men's handball finals. And also the TV intro of the 1992 Summer Games because why not. 

The shared folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cO-AhGWzIjsR80D-RkIXuy2R1kbmj4El?usp=sharing

@Vektor Thanks for this footage! I am a fan and collector of Olympic videos of sports like athletics, gymnastics, swimming and well almost everything LOL

I also have some YT channels but like you said, IOC blocks everything!

Have you considered creating a channel in the russian website ok.ru ??? copyright is almost non existent there to share stuff and also you can upload/download