website statistics

Olympic Videos & Pictures

dcro

17 hours ago, dcro said:

ESP player is indeed the best bet.

Back in Rio I had to rely on BBC coverage via paid VPN. It worked out fine, but there was a lot of British hype of course. :p

yeah, I used the BBC website (with a vpn) a lot in 2012 (together with the excellent sky Italia tv coverage)...

in Rio I used mainly the BBC TV channels on satellite (and the Czech and Slovak TV channels as well) since in Italy we got back to our unwatchable public tv, rai (some events I necessarily had to follow on their streaming platform for the event were just like a Middle Age torture...hope not to repeat the experience anymore in my life)...

now I have to rely on Eurosport Player...if they stay like they are now when they show the Italian Basketball League, I'm fine...but I secretly hope for some 4K stuff as well...:fingers:

that would be a very, very good gift by them...

Pretty sure this is new, but maybe it was available in the past. Anyways, Olympic Channel uploaded the Albertville 1992 Opening Ceremonies: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/video/detail/opening-ceremony-albertville-1992-great-winter-olympic-moments/

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Pretty sure this is new, but maybe it was available in the past. Anyways, Olympic Channel uploaded the Albertville 1992 Opening Ceremonies: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/video/detail/opening-ceremony-albertville-1992-great-winter-olympic-moments/

Ah... 10 months before the end of the beautiful Czechoslovakia...the last winter olympic participation of the czechs and slovaks under one flag

obrázok.png

The team won 3 Bronze Medals.

Petr Barna in M Figure Skating

Tomáš Goder/František Jež/Jaroslav Sakala and Jiří Parma in Team Ski Jumping

and bronze in Ice Hockey after a memorable win 6-1 over the USA in the Bronze medal game.  last epic olympic tournament of players from both our nations including a very sweet win 4-3 against former USSR in the preliminary round, the only team that beat them in the whole tournament

On 06/02/2021 at 20:59, hckošice said:

The team won 3 Bronze Medals.

Petr Barna in M Figure Skating

Tomáš Goder/František Jež/Jaroslav Sakala and Jiří Parma in Team Ski Jumping

and bronze in Ice Hockey after a memorable win 6-1 over the USA in the Bronze medal game.  last epic olympic tournament of players from both our nations including a very sweet win 4-3 against former USSR in the preliminary round, the only team that beat them in the whole tournament

and return to last ever 3 TCH Winter Olympic medals

Enjoy

Petr Barna (Bronze)

Figure Skating - M Singles

paradoxically more famous for his Exhibitions programs

His Free Skating which moved him into the Bronze medal position

Spoiler

Ice Hockey (Bronze)

Highlights of all TCH matches

Preliminary Round: TCH-NOR 10-1 (Right during the Opening Ceremony), TCH-FRA 6-4, TCH-EUN 4-3, TCH-CAN 1-5, TCH-SUI 4-2

QF: TCH-SWE 3-1, SF: TCH-CAN 2-4, Bronze: TCH-USA 6-1

Ski Jumping - Team Event (Bronze)

Tomáš Goder/František Jež/Jaroslav Sakala/Jiří Parma

Full Replay from :FIN TV

Spoiler

Your videos are awesome. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I wonder if you could help me.

I can't find the videos for some olympic events I would love to see again, maybe you have them.

Winter games - Alpine Skiing - M Downhill - Nagano 1998 - full race, not the highlights only with Hermann Maier flying through the nets ;-)

Summer games - Cycling - M Road Race - Beijing 2008 - full race would be the best, but if this is not possible - maybe last 50kms or so ;-)

Probably still my favorite YOG Opening Ceremony. I might even put it in my top 10 winter multi-sports Opening Ceremonies.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Yes 12th February, the day of the Vancouver 2010 opening ceremony, my very best olympics of history.

but, however this 12th February is also a day of 2 very emotional moments,

first the tragic death of Nodar Kumaritashvili, few hours before the opening ceremony

georgian-guards-of-honour-carry-the-coff

13opening05-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&

and amazing first African title of Zambia won in Gabon only a couple of kms from the place the plane with the complete Zambian NT crashed in 1993.

6b1e6680b4130b1e0cb9a837f91198fcb860eddb