website statistics

Olympic Videos & Pictures

dcro

Here’s the broadcast schedule for the Greatest Olympic Moments: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/events/detail/great-olympic-moments/schedule/

They will show replays from 2016, 2012, 2008, 2004, 2000, 1996, 1992, 1988, 1984, and 1968 (though I think that will just be a bunch of long jump clips spliced together).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I just can't do it...I can't watch anything Olympic anymore without getting heavily depressed...:cry:

hope August 1st comes quick, so I can distract myself with a NHL overload and stop thinking to what it could have been and instead it's not...:nopompom:

4 hours ago, phelps said:

I just can't do it...I can't watch anything Olympic anymore without getting heavily depressed...:cry:

hope August 1st comes quick, so I can distract myself with a NHL overload and stop thinking to what it could have been and instead it's not...:nopompom:

You can start with an MLB overload today!!

5 hours ago, bmo said:

You can start with an MLB overload today!!

not that easy...I'm not giving them 60 bucks for this 35% of a season (with no people on the stands)...:finger:

our tv only shows 2/3 games a week in RS and I only have a 7-day trial of the ESPN Player for Europe/ME/Africa (and my Japanese IPTV subscription ended 2 days ago...and I'm going to renew it only in october for the playoffs, as it's quite expensive)...:nopompom: :facepalm:

but I still have all the Korean KBO games for free...:lol:

@phelps If you need a baseball/softball fix, I noticed the Olympic Channel has been uploading a bunch of full replays of old Olympic matches from 1996, 2000, 2004, and 2008 :yes

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

23 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

@phelps If you need a baseball/softball fix, I noticed the Olympic Channel has been uploading a bunch of full replays of old Olympic matches from 1996, 2000, 2004, and 2008 :yes

thanks, but I think I have enough with the current competitions...

as I wrote before, I find it very difficult to watch the old Olympic picture these days...

if they keep them online for some time, maybe in a few weeks I'd give them a look...

Surprisingly (or not), I am not feeling anything about the Olympics being supposed to start tomorrow. :dunno:

Rio 2016 was top of the line stuff for me. Both with exciting competitions in general, and an enjoyable, record-breaking medal haul for Croatia. Waking up early every day for Pyeongchang 2018 already felt like a job, especially towards the end. So maybe I'm just getting over my usual fever...

#banbestmen

I decided to watch the official film of Tokyo 1964 (the Japanese one) and never realized how good it was..

Laughed at the closing when the athletes trying to lift the police-dressed guy holding Japan's name sign (they had succeeded in doing that to the Japanese flag bearer) and the sign bearer was not in the mood for that

image.png

Some forgotten Olympics venues...

Sarajevo 1984 Bobsleigh Track

--HaUaRyQbGNmpH17-cUFg~Bobov-dr-ha-zimn-

dDlZ1xcsTTi2AnordWi2GQ~Bobov-dr-ha-zimn-

Berlin 1936 Swimming pool

X4fDsOURTTGzEY7yWnUVsg.2560~Plaveck-baz-

Berlin 1936 Olympic Village

piuQl-pHT7OzWZpjLtHEcQ~Olympijsk-dedina-

Grenoble 1968 Ski Jumping hill

U4kkGe_IQGuRrTCM-bPPXg~Skokansk-most-k-z

Atlanta 1996 Tennis Center