website statistics

Olympic Videos & Pictures

dcro

15 hours ago, Vektor said:

I have been watching and uploading videos in the last few days from 1996, and wow, @Vojthas, I didn't know that the men's pentathlon finish was this crazy in Atlanta. :yikes:

I meet János a few times a year, helping him with talking here in Poland, but I wouldn't have recognized the 20-year-younger him without the subtitle. :P

The title is rather clickbaity, but the video is really interesting and makes some interesting points about the legacy of Athens 2004. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@Vektor thanks for uploading all these 1992-2004 videos on ok.ru https://ok.ru/video/2094383499870

I like watching it because I like the most sports videos with no bad commentary which gets me angry, only the noise from the stadium,

and as I don't understand a single word in Hungarian, here it feels almost the same ;-)

9 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

@Vektor thanks for uploading all these 1992-2004 videos on ok.ru https://ok.ru/video/2094383499870

I like watching it because I like the most sports videos with no bad commentary which gets me angry, only the noise from the stadium,

and as I don't understand a single word in Hungarian, here it feels almost the same ;-)

Speaking of that, I just uploaded my first vivid memory of the Summer Games yesterday, the women's epée finals in Athens: https://ok.ru/video/2106717833822

I remembered being very stressed out by it as child, but I didn't exactly know why before watching all of it again. Now I know, even as an adult I would have been exhausted by the end of it because we didn't just have two fencers in the semi-finals, but both semi-finals ended up with 15-14. I think this is also the last time two Hungarians were in the Top4 in the same individual Olympic event. 

I have reached the Hungarian Olympic doping scandals of Athens in the highlights that I am uploading, and I am so glad that as a kid I was on a vacation with my parents when this went down. It might have altered how much I care about the Games if as a kid I saw Hungarian athletes win two gold medals in athletics and then all the chaos that followed these finals. We lost three medals, two gold in athletics and one silver in weightlifting, and while Hungarian athletics recovered from it, Hungarian weightlifting pretty much died in Athens (3 Hungarian weightlifters had positive doping tests). In an instant we went from being a nation that qualifies many weightlifters and wins at least one medal at each Games to a nation that barely qualifies one weightlifter and has no chance of medals. By 2008 and Beijing it became clear that we just lost one of our strong disciplines and the damage done by the scandals was permanent.

@Vektor Sydney 2000 E 10 video has big parts of USA vs LTU basketball Semifinal. What a game that was! Such a big emotions. I remember watching this one live. LTU was so close to beating US. And USA had a team of great NBA players there (Carter, Mourning, Kidd, Payton, Garnett). Thanks for reminding that.

Before Sydney nobody really believed that beating USA NBA team is really possible. And then suddenly LTU was so close...

Well, my little experiment on YouTube is coming to an end. I was wondering how long it will take IOC to attack the YT channel where I upload stuff. :d It took them 10 days to remove most of the videos from Sydney. 

I won't upload there anymore, unless I do stuff like upload highlights, IOC doesn't take down edited footage. I will continue to upload full aired footage on the Ok channel up to London 2012. I think they also aired stuff from Rio, but I can't find those anywhere. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have uploaded everything I had from London, and that concludes all the Hungarian highlights from 1992 to 2012. It's mostly focused on Hungarians, but you can find other events as well, including many Swimming and Athletics finals: https://ok.ru/video/c4394078

• 2 weeks later...

We must have an OK account to see these videos?

On the other hand, i wonder what happened with Olympic Channel. 

I had it installed on my Android but today i encountered notification only about Tokyo 2020 app. 

Everything else is absent. 

Does anyone know what happened with OC?