website statistics

Olympic Videos & Pictures

dcro

@OlympicsFan I know for certain that a London 2012 & Beijing 2008 film exists. They have been shown multiple times on the U.S. version of the Olympic Channel. I don’t think a Rio 2016 film has been made, but I have stumbled across this behind the scenes documentary multiple times on YT. It is quite enjoyable & gives a good in depth look at certain venue setups, drones, cameras, graphics & the IBC.

Rio 2016 film is called “Viva” (I believe), and it is available on the Olympic Channel (I believe). It might only be a documentary about the ceremonies though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 hours ago, bmo said:

@OlympicsFan I know for certain that a London 2012 & Beijing 2008 film exists. They have been shown multiple times on the U.S. version of the Olympic Channel. I don’t think a Rio 2016 film has been made, but I have stumbled across this behind the scenes documentary multiple times on YT. It is quite enjoyable & gives a good in depth look at certain venue setups, drones, cameras, graphics & the IBC.

Thanks, funnily enough I found the same video yesterday while searching for longer videos about the olympics. I also found this short video review of the 2016 olympics by the BBC.

https://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/23/12605892/bbc-olympic-review-video-rio-2016

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Rio 2016 film is called “Viva” (I believe), and it is available on the Olympic Channel (I believe). It might only be a documentary about the ceremonies though.

Thanks, but this isn’t what I was looking for. I saw that there are DVD‘s available on Amazon by the BBC about the London Olympics (900 minutes) and the Rio Olympics (565 minutes) for less than 10 € each, sounds like a good option.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Someone uploaded on youtube this pure jewel of Olympic ice hockey history. Oneofthe most memorable matches of the history.

The Torino 2006 :RUS vs :SVK  game with the unforgettable gala exhibition á la Marián Gáborík and his 2 unanswered turnover super goals in the last 4 minutes.

I suggest you to rewatch the incredible last 4 minutes

19 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I just did some more „research“ and I found something that seems to be the official Olympic film for Rio, it is called „Days of Truce“ and has a playing time of 1:27:54.

The other official films are also on the Olympic channel, here are their titles:

Beijing 2008 - The Everlasting Flame

London 2012 - First

Sochi 2014 - Rings of the World

PyeongChang 2018 - Crossing Beyond
I am currently suffering from „olympics withdrawal syndrome“, those films should help for a day or two. There is also a documentary series called „Road to Glory“ on the Olympic channel that looks interesting.

Just noticed this on the Olympic Channel: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/events/detail/great-olympic-moments/ 

It seems they wish to celebrate the original Tokyo 2020 dates as well :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I recently found the BBC animated promo for Vancouver 2010, and I absolutely love it!