website statistics

BMX Racing UCI World Championships 2022

Totallympics

3 hours ago, LDOG said:

Literally who? First time I hear this name.

She made a podium in a World Cup stage last year in U23 I think. I remember she had a bad accident in a race, but could be mixing her with another name.

17 hours ago, Jinzha said:

These events are always a pleasure to watch. Barely any downtime because of the different age groups competing in a single event, and always fast paced close races.

Another bronze medal for Merel Smulders (the younger sister) after three Dutch women qualified for the finals. On the mens side Kimmann was not in shape and there's a large gap in quality between him and the other Dutch men.

Odd that Kimmann isn't in shape, I thought he was doing excellently this season so far (in the US), including fairly recently. At least his Papendal training buddy got the world title :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Odd that Kimmann isn't in shape, I thought he was doing excellently this season so far (in the US), including fairly recently. At least his Papendal training buddy got the world title :d 

I believe there was about an eight week break between the US season and the world championship and Kimmann took that time period as a break from training to recharge as well.

The Suisse have a great generation with Marquart and Claessens in this sport!