website statistics

Men's Baseball CEB European Championship 2019

phelps

22 hours ago, dareza said:

But @phelps said last year that they can't play at OG?

those who did play in the WBC 2017 can't be in the Olympic team, as they do not have full ISR citizenship...

this new group is eligible to play also at WBSC level, as they've been given official ISR citizenship in time...

21 hours ago, CCB said:

How is this possible?

Really ITA, NED, ESP and ISR in the same group? Those four countries are - by far - the best teams in Europe!

this is better for those teams, with this group composition, they're sure not to face each other in the quarterfinals, so they're safe in the top 5 (which is what they need to go to the olympic qualification tournament)...

edit: if the groups are like those posted by @Dunadan they're more balanced, but also more risky for the supposed top 4/5 teams...

Edited by phelps

• 1 month later...

tournament started earlier Today...

and Spain almost lost to Croatia...:yikes:

finally, however, they survived the scare and won 3-2...

meanwhile Italy destroyed France (16-2) and Israel and Belgium edged out Czech Republic and Austria, 6-1 and 5-1 respectively...

Sweden and Germany start their game in a few minutes, while the Netherlands and Great Britain were stopped by darkness (Solingen's stadium doesn't have floodlights :yikes::facepalm::wall: just tell me if it's acceptable in 2019 to have the ECHs hosted in such kind of venue :redcard::spank::hairpull:)...

here you can find all the info you need: schedule, results, standings and stats from every game...

https://www.baseballstats.eu/2019/bonn/schedule.php

meanwhile here you can watch every game in streaming (free for all, no geo-blocking)...

https://www.baseballsoftball.tv/league/euro-baseball-2019/632

4 minutes ago, szy123 said:

This Israel team with American-born players looks really strong. I think they may qualify for Tokyo. 

I was thinking that as well, but the Dutch are generally a good bet for international tournaments. Either way the Europe/Africa  qualifier should be fun.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

16 uur geleden, szy123 zei:

This Israel team with American-born players looks really strong. I think they may qualify for Tokyo. 

For me the Israel team is favorit to win the Olympic berth, however, they are struggling against Sweden (3-3 in the 9th inning). 

Netherlands miss their best players, otherwise they had a big chance to qualify.

6 minutes ago, CCB said:

For me the Israel team is favorit to win the Olympic berth, however, they are struggling against Sweden (3-3 in the 9th inning). 

Netherlands miss their best players, otherwise they had a big chance to qualify.

Italy are also not even close to what they could be with their best MLB/Triple A players...

however, I don't think this Israeli team is good enough to beat NED and ITA in the OQT...they're not even close to the group they were at the last World Baseball Classic (and also in that tournament they didn't have an impressive pitching staff, it was all about their batsmen)...

12 minuten geleden, phelps zei:

Italy are also not even close to what they could be with their best MLB/Triple A players...

however, I don't think this Israeli team is good enough to beat NED and ITA in the OQT...they're not even close to the group they were at the last World Baseball Classic (and also in that tournament they didn't have an impressive pitching staff, it was all about their batsmen)...

We'll see, but at this moment NED is struggling against Czech Republic, so I have no illusions NED is at the same level of last international championships.

Hopefully it turns out there is little differences between the teams, that gives us nice matches to watch!