website statistics

Modern Pentathlon UIPM World Championships 2022

Totallympics

Is there really no way to watch the World Championships free? That's really depressing... I get that they would put the World Cup behind a paywall, but the WCh should be available for everyone, especially when there aren't any TV channels broadcasting this live. Not even the Hungarian national sport channel, despite the fact that we are one of the nations who give a fuck about this sport. 

I am very curious about how this new final works, but at this rate I won't actually see it until the Olympic Games. 

Anyway, we got 4 Hungarians in the men's final, I am guessing that's really great performance from the Hungarian team. 

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

Is there really no way to watch the World Championships free? That's really depressing... I get that they would put the World Cup behind a paywall, but the WCh should be available for everyone, especially when there aren't any TV channels broadcasting this live. Not even the Hungarian national sport channel, despite the fact that we are one of the nations who give a fuck about this sport. 

I am very curious about how this new final works, but at this rate I won't actually see it until the Olympic Games. 

Anyway, we got 4 Hungarians in the men's final, I am guessing that's really great performance from the Hungarian team. 

It’s on the Olympic Channel.  Actually I think it’s highlights only.

4 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

It’s on the Olympic Channel.  Actually I think it’s highlights only.

Hm, they have the events listed: https://olympics.com/en/sport-events/2022-uimp-modern-pentathlon-world-championships-alexandria/

Maybe it will work? 

They really need to throw the fencing bonus round out of the final format, it's so incredibly boring. Just have the ranking round as usual and then leave the other three disciplines for the televised event. If you want some fencing for the televised part, just show a 5 minute highlight reel of the ranking round before riding. And I say this as someone who likes regular fencing a lot.