website statistics

Judo IJF World Tour 2019

Totallympics

Grand Prix (Zagreb, CRO)

Tournament Recap

:JPN Japan once again topped the medal table of a Grand Prix event, this time it happened in Zagreb, where they won 4 Gold Medals (3 among the women and 1 among the men)...

:CAN Canada and :GEO Georgia followed the Asians in the final Medal Table with 2 Gold medals each (1 in both genders for the North Americans, both among the men for the European side)...

here are all the 2019 Zagreb GP Champions:

Women:

-48kg: :KAZ Otgontsetseg Galbadrakh

-52kg: :JPN Natsumi Tsunoda

-57kg: :CAN Jessica Klimkait

-63kg: :SLO Tina Trstenjak

-70kg: :GBR Gemma Howell

-78kg: :JPN Mami Umeki

+78kg: :JPN Akira Sone

Men:

-60kg: :UZB Sharafuddin Lutfillaev

-66kg: :ESP Alberto Gaitero Martin

-73kg: :ISR Tohar Butbul

-81kg: :JPN Takanori Nagase

-90kg: :GEO Beka Gviniashvili

-100kg: :CAN Shady Elnahas

+100kg: :GEO Gela Zaalishvili

Full Results, here:

http://www.ippon.org/gp_cro2019.php

I am curious about Rinner. Since he isnt very active, i assume that French quota in +100kg will end up in his hands even though he wont qualify personally. 

On the other hand, he could still directly qualify. But how many competitions are enough for his quota? :mumble:

37 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

I am curious about Rinner. Since he isnt very active, i assume that French quota in +100kg will end up in his hands even though he wont qualify personally. 

On the other hand, he could still directly qualify. But how many competitions are enough for his quota? :mumble:

this is the current situation...

https://www.ijf.org/wrl_olympic?category=7

he's outside the qualification mark, but only by less than 200 points, which means that he basically need to win the world champs and 1 (max 2) tournaments next spring and he would easily qualify (there are not so many Countries capable of starting a very competitive guy in the super-Heavyweights)...

even only the world champs gold medal could be enough (it should be 2000 points for that this year)...

however, he has to do it by himself, as France at the moment don't have any other player good enough to qualify (actually, they just don't have any other but Riner in the top 100 of the OQR)...

Edited by phelps

48 minutes ago, phelps said:

this is the current situation...

https://www.ijf.org/wrl_olympic?category=7

he's outside the qualification mark, but only by less than 200 points, which means that he basically need to win the world champs and 1 (max 2) tournaments next spring and he would easily qualify (there are not so many Countries capable of starting a very competitive guy in the super-Heavyweights)...

even only the world champs gold medal could be enough (it should be 2000 points for that this year)...

however, he has to do it by himself, as France at the moment don't have any other player good enough to qualify (actually, they just don't have any other but Riner in the top 100 of the OQR)...

Situation isnt that bad, afterall. He has 700 points, much more than i thought.

I know that someone (probably you) mentioned his participation at some tournament, maybe first in ages. 

53 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Situation isnt that bad, afterall. He has 700 points, much more than i thought.

I know that someone (probably you) mentioned his participation at some tournament, maybe first in ages

yeah, he came back after a very long pause 20 days ago in Montreal...

one page back from this one in this same thread (post of July, 8th)...;)