website statistics

Judo IJF World Tour 2019

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

I wonder,what would happen if Iran wins gold and Israel bronze medal? Would Iran avoid victory ceremony? Assuming that this scenario is possible at all.

that never happened before so we never know but once during the first Youth Olympics. Iran and Israel had to face in the final of Taekwondo. the Iranian kid had to fake injury (broken leg) didn't show up in the final and also in the medal ceremony.

5 ore fa, Andry84 ha scritto:

Oh, the tournament of an entire career, the boy just turned 20 two months ago and he lost to the winner of the tournament and to the number 4 of the 66 kg world ranking.... 

well, technically this is the most important tournament he has entered...therefore, so far it's the tournament of his (young) senior career...

and today, it was a disappointing outing after another...especially Bellandi (she's definitely not ready for this level of judo, yet...too many stupid mistakes in her competitions among the seniors until now) and Marconcini left me down...

meanwhile I didn't expect anything from Mungai...actually, I always ask myself how can he get some results being technically so poor and definitely not so smart on the tatami (the way he lost to Toth today is irritating...more than irritating)...

Mollaei ipponed Khalmurzaev for bronze and then faked an injury so he is probably going to hospital and doesn't have to show up on the podium. :( that was disgusting but he is the last one to blame.

Mollaei was in great shape today and could win the gold. but Muki is a top 4 in this weight, he can't avoid him forever :(

Edited by MHSN

Grand Slam (Paris, FRA)

Day #2 Recap

Today it was South Korea to take the center stage at the Paris Tournament, being the only Nation to win 2 Gold Medals (Gwak Dong Han in the men's -90kg and Kim Sung Min in the men's +100kg)...

meanwhile Japan (Yoko Ono in the women's -70kg), France (Madeleine Malonga in the women's -78kg), Cuba (Idalys Ortiz in the women's +78kg), Germany (Dominic Ressel in the men's -81kg) and Georgia (Vadim Liparteliani in the men's -100kg) won 1 Gold Medal each...

Therefore, Japan won the overall medal table with 5 Gold Medals, followed by South Korea and the host Nation, France, with 2 each and 5 more Countries (Moldova, Canada, Cuba, Germany and Georgia) sharing 1 Gold medal each...

Full Results here:

https://live.ijf.org/gs_fra2019/results

• 2 weeks later...

Grand Slam (Düsseldorf, GER)

Day #1 Recap

First day of the second Grand Slam of the season...and guess what? :JPN Japan won 4 out of the possible 5 Gold Medals...:lol::nopompom:

Today's glory went to: Ryuju Nagayama (men's -60kg), Joshiro Maruyama (men's -66kg), Funa Tonaki (women's -48kg), Tsukasa Yoshida (women's -57kg)...

the only weight class that wasn't won by a Japanese player is the women's -52kg, where :KOS Majlinda Kelmendi showed once again that she's not the reigning Olympic Champion for nothing...

Full Rankings here:

https://live.ijf.org/gs_ger2019/results

for :ITA Italy, another good but not outstanding day...our rising star Manuel Lombardo in the end was 5th like in Paris, losing once again in the pool final (this time to the eventual winner, Maruyama of Japan) and then wasting the chance of a medal in the Bronze Medal bout against another "mr. Nobody" (this time the Russian Yakub Shamilov)...

the best result of the day, once again, came from Odette Giuffrida, who won another Bronze Medal (after losing the semifinal against the untouchable Kelmendi)...

after a very difficult couple of years (because of bad injuries, tbh), finally she looks back in her best shape like in 2016, winning her 2nd Bronze in a row in Grand Slam tournaments...

The Algerian guy (blue) looks like he was just trying his best to let the Mongolian guy get a grip on him so he would lose...

j5wo7ej.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Didnt know that Algeria also doesnt recognize Izrael as a state.

Me neither (although since it's an Arab nation I'm not surprised), but mostly I didn't know Algeria also runs away from competing against them...

Don't know if that's the case here or if the Algerian guy just is 10 levels below the Mongolian, I don't know either of them, just found it curious :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!