website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI World Tour 2022 (Tour de France)

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Grassmarket said:

As expected, Cavendish will not be riding.  Local hero Alaphillipe has not recovered from injury.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/61953009

Meaning Quick-Step is going for their main sprinter, Fabio Jakobsen, which was basically expected especially considering Cavendish did the Giro. Too bad Alaphilippe isn't recovered, although after that fall it's still mostly just good to see he's on his way.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

French Police make an early intervention.

Riders and staff of Bahrain Victorious have had their homes searched by French police just days before the Tour de France.

The team said in a statement they will "co-operate in all procedures".

But they added "the timing of this investigation is aimed at intentionally damaging the team's reputation".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/61961251

Can't wait for the battle to begin :banana: Pogacar to make the triple and this time he has a reinforced team behind him. Jumbo-Visma and Sky, pardon Ineos, still with the strongest teams though, with multiple, multiple leaders, but that didn't work so well the last time. I'm actually going to say, that Vingegaard is going to bump Roglic for JV's top spot at the end of the second week.

The four horsemen of Ineos are more unpredictable, though it's too early for Pidcock to make a proper GC run i reckon. Thomas is past his best times, so he is probably going to be the trusting helper, but the more valuable question will be, if he is even going to finish the full three weeks. A. Yates hasn't raced much this year and his form is rather mysterious. So that leaves Dani Martinez as the best option in my eyes, though with him you never know, when he is going to have a crash, or lose a corner and stupidly abandon the race. 

I'm not seeing a surprise name making the GC top 3 currently, but if i had to chose someone from the rest i was going to mention Caruso, but that was before the raids in Bahrain.. 

And of course, the man, the myth, the green machine Peter Sagan is also here. :cycling:

Looking forward to Friday!  Fewer TV hours coming here in the states than last year, but Phil Liggett and Bob Roll will be in France for the first time since 2019, so hopefully that will make for some better race coverage.

On 6/27/2022 at 10:11 AM, Totallympics said:

ww18ii_hor.png

You used the old logo with "le" and yellow-orange wheel insteed of radioactive yellow. :p

I just watch the team presentation and it is nice to see the great København crowd cheering for the riders and 'le' Tour. :clap::thumbup:

PZUj_4RCSaScDmb-Ui0pEg~tour-de-france-lo

Stage 1

Friday - July 1st, 2022

h. 16:00 (GMT +2)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:DEN Copenhagen - Copenhagen :DEN

13.2km - Individual Time Trial

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

u13V3PM-SZTRJqiZCmK7vQ.png?st=hau5Unumwt

wc0Gx2WVSK-DRrJkRCU61w.png?st=oOij0Dmb1C