website statistics

Tennis ITF Wimbledon 2022

Totallympics

51 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

I thought Covid ended after Russian invasion on Ukraine, what a pity that we lose the tournament runner-up from 1st Rd

Well, I can confirm that covid didn't go anywhere after beginning of the war since I and my parents recovered from this shit just few days ago, also it was reason why I wasn't too active recently.

I'm sad about Matteo too, but happy as 5 Polish girls makes second round of Wimbledon for the first time :) 

1 hour ago, rybak said:

Well, I can confirm that covid didn't go anywhere after beginning of the war since I and my parents recovered from this shit just few days ago, also it was reason why I wasn't too active recently.

I'm sad about Matteo too, but happy as 5 Polish girls makes second round of Wimbledon for the first time :) 

I was just kidding ofc , but global media didn't talk literally about Covid since then 

:SVK

1st Round:

MS

Alex Molčan - Pedro Martinez :ESP  4:6, 6:4, 6:4, 6:1  

Lukáš Klein - Liam Broady :GBR  6:4, 3:6, 5:7, 7:6(2), 3:6

WS

Anna Karolína Schmiedlová - Rebecca Peterson :SWE  7:5, 0:6, 6:3

Kristína Kučová - Laura Pigossi :BRA  7:5, 6:0

2nd Round Schedule:

MS

Molčan vs Marcos Giron :USA

WS

Schmiedlová vs Magdalena Frech :POL

Kučová vs Petra Martic :CRO

Sakkari & Ostapenko have no excuses if they fail to reach R4. The bottom half of the draw has opened with Haddad Maia & Kontaveit out. The latter was never in serious contention after long COVID, she's having a dismal season overall and her #2 ranking is inflated by the post-Wimbledon 2021 points that will start to come off soon.

7 hours ago, Monzanator said:

I'm still unsure if Raducanu has recorded a single Top 50 win in her career? :p

She beat Bencic and Sakkari at the US Open, both of whom were top 20 at the time. There might be more but these are the only ones I'm sure of off the top of my head.

I still don't understand how Sakkari lost to her at the US Open :facepalm:

This is "interesting" that ATP and WTA decided to strip Wimbledon of its ranking points but that didn't stop them from putting awfully lot of Wimbledon news on both ATP and WTA official Facebook and Instagram accounts.

Clickbites, I know.

What a wonderful world.

Am I surprised? No. There is another word for that.